Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I would like to revert back to the days when we had an o-lone that could block. We haven't recruited well or coached well in that area since Meyer left!
CBN recruited an OL who became a starter for a good NFL team as a rookie. Seems to have a high level of skills that coaching must have helped. Remember O'Cyrus Torrence ?

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
CBN recruited an OL who became a starter for a good NFL team as a rookie. Seems to have a high level of skills that coaching must have helped. Remember O'Cyrus Torrence ?
Yes, and I had a day in high school without any pimples on my face. It wasn't consistent, though. How's he doing now with his two coaches?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting hasn't (so far) been well. He's done very well with 3 transfers (Torrence being one) but we had three transfer out also.

He needs to hit a couple of honeruns in the portal or next year won't be much different.

Maybe there will be a surprise on ESD. (like there always are :lol: )

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Recruiting hasn't (so far) been well. He's done very well with 3 transfers (Torrence being one) but we had three transfer out also.

He needs to hit a couple of honeruns in the portal or next year won't be much different.

I wonder if Goodwin will wind up coming back to UF... he's actually sitting out this year to be with his mom, not playing for Louisville, and said he hopes to be enrolled at a NEW school in January.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if Goodwin will wind up coming back to UF... he's actually sitting out this year to be with his mom, not playing for Louisville, and said he hopes to be enrolled at a NEW school in January.
Could use him. But he transfered from KY into UF. I bet he stays up there.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The latest article I found was from August 31 and said his mom had been moved to hospice. That could mean a range of services, but in any case implies she’s terminal. That’s hard, hard news for their family. I’m 62 and still have my mom healthy and active at 83.

He made the right call and will never regret it. I’d love for him to come back to UF and hope he prospers wherever he goes next.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Shame that with two OL coaches we aren't doing well at OL. I realize it is difficult to project OL development but ATM we have four 3 star guys and likely need some impact next season. Maybe staff can do some good things in the portal and the group that seems to be flailing this season will improve.
I'm sure we have 5 or 6 silents.

On a hopeful note, maybe Lagway and the staff will convince Seaton, although I realize he's not likely an immediate contributor.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i remember him being a transfer for 1 year. And i remember the rest of the guys hes brought in being pretty much trash. I also remember a couple jettisoned that are pretty good. Remember Ethan White?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
i remember him being a transfer for 1 year. And i remember the rest of the guys hes brought in being pretty much trash. I also remember a couple jettisoned that are pretty good. Remember Ethan White?
Mom liked to fish for reds and was a MILF. I don't remember much about him though. :lol:

I guess Ethan White had a career ending injury last Spring. He never enrolled at USC.

Last edited:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Watching the Arky - Miss State game: Arkansas gets a bye week before playing us. That will be 3 straight opponents that we play with a bye week before.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Watching the Arky - Miss State game: Arkansas gets a bye week before playing us. That will be 3 straight opponents that we play with a bye week before.
Scared Super Troopers GIF by Searchlight Pictures

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Arkansas loses today, they may have an interim head coach when they come to the Swamp. Their fans are not happy. Many of them thought they would have a 9 win season this year. :lol:

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
If Arkansas loses today, they may have an interim head coach when they come to the Swamp. Their fans are not happy. Many of them thought they would have a 9 win season this year. :lol:
If Arky is desperate, they'll hire dips1t Dan as HC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.