Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UT***

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I just heard a podcast with AR's personal trainer/development coach (Denny Thompson) He said that even he does not understand what is going on with AR. If AR get's it together, the season looks bright; NOT NC but very good.
He also thinks AR should relax and run more when open but if it was easy they would have done it already.

He went on to say out of the 130 or more players they represent, they are spending 80% of their time on AR because AR has the by far the greatest potential. AR is getting the instruction/coaching.

He also said, he is "150% behind Napier".
He went on to say, that Napier has changed recruiting, development, and even the culture at UF.

We (Gator Nation) are not there yet. BUT......

We got the Vols right where we want them

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't anything think it's possible that UT isn't as good as everyone seems to think they are? They have one quality win against Pitt, and had to come from behind to win that one by 7 points. Their other two wins are Ball State and Akron.

They are absolutely ripe for the taking, especially if they think they are going to walk over this "bad" Gator team.
I don’t think the voles are some juggernaut, but we just lost to the Mildcats and barely escaped the mighty USF Bulls. As bad as our offense is right now, we can’t “expect” to beat anyone with a pulse.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's football, anything can happen. Of course we think its "possible." But you also can't ignore that we are really struggling to do even the most basic of things, like complete a pass. They are playing well as a team and on offense. How about we hold off on beating deuce over the head until after the game? There will be plenty of time to dig up old posts and shame all us bad fans if we win.

:snob:
Deuce actually typed that he would be happy with a close loss against UT, and you are really going to defend it? I'm not sure what happened to you.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think the voles are some juggernaut, but we just lost to the Mildcats and barely escaped the mighty USF Bulls. As bad as our offense is right now, we can’t “expect” to beat anyone with a pulse.
This trash got 2 likes? When did I ever say we should "expect" to win this game? Please show me where.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Deuce actually typed that he would be happy with a close loss against UT, and you are really going to defend it? I'm not sure what happened to you.
The post i responded to was you asking incredulously if anyone actually thinks its possible we win. I think I answered the question. :proud:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The post i responded to was you asking incredulously if anyone actually thinks its possible we win. I think I answered the question. :proud:
I never asked if I thought it was possible we win, I asked if it was possible UT simply isn't that great. Since you've been bowing at the feet of the Vols all week, it's obvious that you think they are. Have you actually gone as far as wearing a creamsicle orange hat? I say yes.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This trash got 2 likes? When did I ever say we should "expect" to win this game? Please show me where.
Day Sunshine GIF

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I agree. But I still have unshakable confidence in UT's ability to schytt the bed when they experience an "Oh f'n no, here we go again!" moment - with the game squarely on the line. I also like the fact that this Gator team has won two games that they could very well have lost. Finding a way to win when you suck is an underappreciated attribute. FTR, just to be a knucklehead, I'm calling the upset pretty much out of total contempt for the opponent. In a surprisingly low scoring slugfest, we drag them down to our level and beat them on experience; UF 24-20, with UT handing us the game on a silver platter at the end. Phukk UT.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it goes either way. We win a low-scoring affair by a comfortable margin, or we get blown out.

They’re missing their number one wide receiver against us. And they’re not a big running team which means they throw the ball a lot which is actually good for us because we excel in the backfield.

Yes we can get a couple three an ounce and run the ball down their throats and stay on the field on our fence, I think we can win the game handedly. If we cannot maintain drives, we might get blown out.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think it goes either way. We win a low-scoring affair by a comfortable margin, or we get blown out.

They’re missing their number one wide receiver against us. And they’re not a big running team which means they throw the ball a lot which is actually good for us because we excel in the backfield.

Yes we can get a couple three an ounce and run the ball down their throats and stay on the field on our fence, I think we can win the game handedly. If we cannot maintain drives, we might get blown out.

The whole key in games against opponents like this is to shorten the game, and limit their possessions. Whether or not we do it obviously is in question, but our ability to run the ball and the question marks they still have regarding stopping the run, actually match up with us very well. The key is going to be turnovers. If not for a tipped pass in the end zone in week 1, they are down 17-0 to Pitt. That’s what we can’t have, which is unfortunately on the shoulders of a player who has seemed out of it. But should he get some confidence going and limit his mistakes, we should be able to score on them with the run, which is good for several reason as I said.

They’ve not faced a quality defense. Against the best one they have faced, they scored 27 points in 4 quarters. We are not great, probably not even very good. But we are quality. Our front four and our secondary specifically both have talent. We also have talented youth and guys learning a new system. Theoretically, that implies that we see improvement as the year progresses. As I said, they are far from perfect but essentially won the game for us against USF, and certainly played well enough to beat UK, and of course did beat Utah. It’s all about our offense sustaining drives.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The whole key in games against opponents like this is to shorten the game, and limit their possessions. Whether or not we do it obviously is in question, but our ability to run the ball and the question marks they still have regarding stopping the run, actually match up with us very well. The key is going to be turnovers. If not for a tipped pass in the end zone in week 1, they are down 17-0 to Pitt. That’s what we can’t have, which is unfortunately on the shoulders of a player who has seemed out of it. But should he get some confidence going and limit his mistakes, we should be able to score on them with the run, which is good for several reason as I said.

They’ve not faced a quality defense. Against the best one they have faced, they scored 27 points in 4 quarters. We are not great, probably not even very good. But we are quality. Our front four and our secondary specifically both have talent. We also have talented youth and guys learning a new system. Theoretically, that implies that we see improvement as the year progresses. As I said, they are far from perfect but essentially won the game for us against USF, and certainly played well enough to beat UK, and of course did beat Utah. It’s all about our offense sustaining drives.
Sustaining drives is key. We’ve really struggled there. Mainly because AR has thrown pics or we’ve been at 3rd and long and AR’s been inaccurate.

AR needs to run. If receivers are tied up, Fvking run.

Tennessee’s run defense is putrid. We might run for 400 yards.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
First drive - run run run run run, flea flicker. AR's first TD. Crowd stays quiet, Gators cruise and AR gets his MOJO back.

BOOK IT

maybe

I gave you a like due to your suggested opening drive play calls and your firm, yet squishy conviction that it will happen. It’s not easy to take a stand while also riding the fence. Bravo!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sustaining drives is key. We’ve really struggled there. Mainly because AR has thrown pics or we’ve been at 3rd and long and AR’s been inaccurate.

AR needs to run. If receivers are tied up, Fvking run.

Tennessee’s run defense is putrid. We might run for 400 yards.
I can imagine we'll be seeing a lot of stacked fronts.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The word I used was solace..... that's a far cry from happy.

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.