Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
Michigan Stadium is enormous (it has gone back-and-forth with Tennessee for the largest in the country, seating-wise) but it isn't loud. The sound goes up and out. It's a big, flat platter.

iu

Alex.
Out of curiosity, what stadiums have you been to in person?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Science. 2020 science but it’s still relevant.
This brings up an interesting question.

We have all kinds of "scientific" studies out there on all.kinds of crap that no one cares about.

Why hasn't some grad student or entrepreneur installed bluetooth db meters in all the power 5 stadiums, recorded each game, then come out with a true scientific ranking each year? Loudest avg, loudest on 3rd down, 4th down, by quarter, by conference... etc etc.

Then get agreements with ESPN, SECN, ABC etc to broadcast feed it during the games. (Same graphic and nomenclature for all). Fans can get real-time feedback on the jumbotron and at home.

Last edited:

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
This brings up an interesting question.

We have all kinds of "scientific" studies out there on all.kinds of crap that no one cares about.

Why hadn't some interprising grad student or entrepreneur installed db meters in all the power 5 stadiums, recorded each game, then come out with a true scientific ranking each year? Loudest avg, loudest on 3rd down, 4th down, by quarter... etc etc.
That would be interesting. I know that most stadiums across the country do have DB Meters. From my understanding. This list shows loudest at any one time. I would love to see overall and an average to see who can really claim it.

To me it is pretty damn impressive that Montana with a 25,000+ Stadium can hang with much larger stadiums. If you have been there, you will see it is right up against mount jumbo in a valley and it is very steep and the field is down deep. I am sure someone smarter than I can explain the science of that.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Idiot. I don’t even think Idaho has a tech.
That’s kind of the point, jagoff. It was a joke.

You have sour grapes because your team came into the Swamp last year and lost fair and square.

Then you put on the guise of being the “good guy” opposing fan but go wagging your finger at everyone here like a petulant child, showing your true colors.

BuddyWyatt

Sep 17, 2018
Can we get this game over with so we see the end of UteManXXS???

Get bent, Mr football stadium acoustical expert.

I have degrees from both UU and UF, and SLC is an awesome place, but, Go Gators!! All day, every day.

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
That’s kind of the point, jagoff. It was a joke.

You have sour grapes because your team came into the Swamp last year and lost fair and square.

Then you put on the guise of being the “good guy” opposing fan but go wagging your finger at everyone here like a petulant child, showing your true colors.
Man, you know me so well!

I am anything but sour about the loss last season. If you look back, I never once said we would win. Just as this year, I had no idea. However, I am excited for tomorrow. It will be fun, regardless.

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
Can we get this game over with so we see the end of UteManXXS???

Get bent, Mr football stadium acoustical expert.

I have degrees from both UU and UF, and SLC is an awesome place, but, Go Gators!! All day, every day.
Wow, someone is a bit insecure about their stadium.

Glad to hear you got degrees from both. They are both great schools. I hope after tomorrow that UF runs through the sec.

I agree, SLC is awesome. I am not sure why the personal attack, but oh well. Have fun tomorrow and hope to see you at the game.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Man, you know me so well!

I am anything but sour about the loss last season. If you look back, I never once said we would win. Just as this year, I had no idea. However, I am excited for tomorrow. It will be fun, regardless.
Is Uncle Rico playing tomorrow night?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Out of curiosity, what stadiums have you been to in person?

I've had the good fortune (or misfortune, as the case may be) of being in many legendary stadiums (stadia?) for some of their loudest moments and legendary field-stormings. For example, FSU stadium is often half-empty and quiet, but I've been there when it was at its best, both as an erector set and after they bricked it in. Miami games in the new stadium suuuuuck but I've seen them there as well as in the old Orange Bowl when they were at their best (it was shabby, falling apart, and stunk of urine). I was at Tennessee when we boat-raced them and it was quiet as a library and I was there when they finally beat us on a missed kick and stormed the field.

This is going to test my memory.

Obviously the Swamp for nearly all of its loudest moments.

FSU, Orange Bowl, Whatever they're calling Dolphins Stadium now, RayJay, Citrus Bowl, Rose Bowl, Gator Bowl (Jax), Alabama, Sugar Bowl, Auburn, Atlanta, Tennessee, LSU, South Carolina, Kentucky, Vandy, and I'm drawing a blank.

My rankings of these stadiums at their best:

Loudest were LSU and UF (both high and steep-sided). LSU was louder on the 50 yard line, UF was louder in the endzones. That's the top tier.

Next tier Tennessee, Bama (before Saban spoiled them), Auburn, FSU (mid 90s).

I accept that Autzen is loud even though I've never been there. Again, it's a function of stadium geometry. It's steeper plus they have those panels over the press box area that keep the noise in. If Miami ever gets good again, that stadium could be loud because they partially roofed over the stands and I suspect it could have a similar affect.

As far as fanbases go, yes, we are different. I haven't been to many B1G stadiums, but we've played them in many Bowl games so I've gotten to know them--Michigan, Michigan State, Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State...we are not the same. I generally like them, but we are not the same. Least favorite fan bases? Miami and WVA.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.