Gator Baseball ***OFFICIAL NC SERIES THREAD: UF vs LSU***

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
My house is about three miles from Tiger Stadium (I can hear when they score big touchdowns), so anytime we play LSU in any sport, it means a lot to me. But I am surrounded by LSU baseball fans, so this means even more. I really want to wear my orange and blue Steve Spurrier tie to work on Monday.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
My hatred for LSU is well documented, similar to FSU on this site.

I think my pessimism comes from the backlash of losing and dealing with these corndogs. In reality, the best thing that could of happened, did. LSU threw the best pitcher in the country last night.

We WILL see him if it goes to game 3 or weather delays which are expected over the weekend. We need to handle business the first two games. I love our chances with Waldrep, as he dominated LSU last year in Regionals at SM. Of course, Sproat is “ace” of staff. We could very much end this in 2 games, but got to win the first one, first.

Agree with playing in championship is a remarkable accomplishment, but a championship would be Amazing for me, as I am in baseball country. I think the wind changes, and the series will be higher scoring than we’ve seen. I like our chances, but still intend to vent with everything that doesn’t go my way.

Lets go Gators!!
"This is no time to go wobbly, dz..." - Margaret Thatcher, The Internet, 1990

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully we get an updated one of these this weekend.

5460cd9bf369bd6fe00a229a36a0fce9.jpg

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Wake had some amazing plays and their game IQ seemed impressive. For them to have lost, astounded me. LSU is obviously very good.

LSU's ace pitcher is impressive and I think we see him sooner than game 3 but that it'll be to their detriment and our bats get the better of him.

We seem to be very good at the long-ball but I hope our short game is on point. Our pitching staff will be well rested.

I like our chances.

Go Gators!
:chomp:

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I look upon North LA as my home away from home and have some of my best friends are there. All of my LA "family" are LSU fans and we have a lot of fun bantering about the games.

If we don't win, I prefer LSU to win compared to any other school out there.
Let's ban Fodder through Monday.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Wake had some amazing plays and their game IQ seemed impressive. For them to have lost, astounded me. LSU is obviously very good.

LSU's ace pitcher is impressive and I think we see him sooner than game 3 but that it'll be to their detriment and our bats get the better of him.

We seem to be very good at the long-ball but I hope our short game is on point. Our pitching staff will be well rested.

I like our chances.

Go Gators!
:chomp:
If UF wins the first game, would the LSU manager be stupid enough to "pull a Sully" and NOT start his best pitcher in the elimination game, "saving" him for a 3rd game that may never be necessary? I can't imagine something that insanely stupid happening twice over a 100 year span.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Don’t think we see Skenes unless it a for few outs monday.
Hes a couple weeks away from a 8 million dollar payday, his agent would blow a fuse putting him at risk.
That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Wake had a much deeper lineup but LSU brings the fans and has one of the most dominant college pitchers I've ever seen....dude was still throwing 100 at 119 pitches....having said that
75% of the board will be dead by then

Well done sir

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
Don’t think we see Skenes unless it a for few outs monday.
Hes a couple weeks away from a 8 million dollar payday, his agent would blow a fuse putting him at risk.
That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it.
I think this is right. If he were to get injured, I'm sure it would become harder for LSU to recruit future MLB level pitchers. I wonder if he could be an effective 9th inning reliever for them? I hope not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator