Not open for further replies.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gingerlover;n170375 said:
Thomas Goldkamp ‏@ThomasGoldkamp 2m2 minutes ago Sources have informed @GatorBait247 a graduate transfer quarterback has interest in #Gators - http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Graduate-transfer-QB-interested-in-Florida-35412483 … (VIP)

No VIP, but has Connor Brewer as a tag. No clue who he is,
Well it wasn't too long ago that Braxton Miller was rumored to be heading to the clowns, and with the number 2, then 3 QB there playing well, he might be the odd man out.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ClutchLikeMJ: “@jonxviii: @UnkleSilkk @ClutchLikeMJ Y'all got anything on this transfer qb?” Kid from Arizona

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thomas Goldkamp ‏@ThomasGoldkamp 2m2 minutes ago Sources have informed @GatorBait247 a graduate transfer quarterback has interest in #Gators - http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Graduate-transfer-QB-interested-in-Florida-35412483 … (VIP)

Former University of Arizona transfer Connor Brewer will transfer once more -- this time out of the Wildcats' football program.

The 6-foot-2 quarterback formerly redshirted at Texas before making the decision to attend Arizona before the 2013 season. Prior to the 2014 season, he was in the mix to start at quarterback along with freshman Anu Solomon, junior Jerrard Randall and senior Jesse Scroggins.

The Scottsdale native played in one game in 2014, and ran for a touchdown in the Wildcats' season-opening win over UNLV.

Brewer was an Elite 11 and ESPN top 150 recruit, posting a 41-2 record and earning three state titles at Chaparral High School in Scottsdale.
He has a degree and 2 years to play.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014

Found this article on him. He was at Texas, then transferred to Arizona. Can't seem to beat anybody out where ever he goes. Don't want him.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...arizona-quarterback-connor-brewer-to-transfer

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Never heard of him. HOWEVER, In Mac I trust on this. If he didn't play at Arizona because Richrod Bowden wants a running QB, I can see how a talented passer might be overlooked.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And the difference between high school football and college football is...huge. Not all the stars make the big impact. Which is why I like this recruiting class. We got a bunch of good kids who were not rated with all the stars who will be working hard to prove they can play. Could be a learning curve this coming season, but I think we are off to a very good start in the rebuilding process.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it would be a good pick up. We need someone to push grier for the job. Not just give it to him.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC;n169968 said:
D'Anfernee McGriff is an interesting dude. He hasn't received much pub around here because he was committed to Auburn and was the last guy in our class. But taking a look at this guy, he's 6'3" and 225lbs and looked to be the type of guy in HS where their plan was "just toss the ball to him and let him go." He looks like he could be a WR, RB or TE. It'll be interesting to see where he lands and develops:

Could see him lined up as a WR/TE. His build would be a tough matchup for a lot of safety's yet his speed looks like it would put LB's in a mismatch also. Could end up being used a lot like Jordan Reed a couple of years ago. Mac seems to want a lot of bigger/hybred type WR's-TE.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorStompin';n170049 said:
So what is the deal with Mcgriff? Auburn claims he couldn't get in because of academic reasons… Then he commits tho UF… If you can't get into the the barn, you sure as heck can't get in to UF. Did his trip to UF seal his fate and they yanked his scholly? Anyone got the scoop?

Regardless, this kid is a beast and his best football is ahead of him. Glad he's a :chomp:
thinking we would back off
Some people think he should play LB, but he'll play offense in my opinion. And he'll be all over the field. At TE, out wide at WR, lined up on the backfield, maybe even in at wildcat. Kid is big, fast, and dynamic. I think the only reason he's not ranked much higher with the recruiting services is because they're not sure what he is. Mac and co. have a vision no doubt though.

I wonder if position was the real reason he left AU. Maybe Muschamp wanted him on defense and he wanted to play offense or something like that. Then they could have said something about academics thinking we would back off......ya never know when it comes to recruiting.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The brewer kids highlight tape is pretty good

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
This is a great board. Lots of humor, snark, smarts and drama. Very UF.

I was pleased with the Big Mac hire and after today, I am very hopeful and excited about the direction UF football is heading for the first time in a while. What a comeback. Now let's take it to the field.

Attachments

• conv_2327.jpg
    conv_2327.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 38
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads