Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bull you spent the last two years zealously defending Chimp and Fooley.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n158933 said:
Gatorcountry had some hack calling him a 5 star guy. I think it's great we want him to be a diamond in the rough. Hopefully, he can contribute. Rivals has him as a 2 star. So making a leap to 4 star is a little out there. IMHO.
He's also a 3 star by some other scouting agencies so we're really talking a one star jump. He plays at a power house and they play a tough schedule. Plus,we need linebackers very badly.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WinterGarden Gator;n158980 said:
There is a crystal ball update where they are picking Scarlett to go Seminole...crap.

Saw that. That sux! Sounded like he was enjoying the visit. Guess not enough to be a good guy.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n158984 said:
He's also a 3 star by some other scouting agencies so we're really talking a one star jump. He plays at a power house and they play a tough schedule. Plus,we need linebackers very badly.

No, Rivals, IMHO is the gold standard. He's listed as a 2 star. So the jump is to a 3 star at best. I mean seriously? It's bad enough as it is...but to have people claiming all our guys are more stars than they really are is pretty sad. Thanks Will Muschamp...drink bleach(WM not you T).

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n158986 said:
Saw that. That sux! Sounded like he was enjoying the visit. Guess not enough to be a good guy.

Miami picked up 4 verbal commitments today, two of them were RB's. You would think that would help us with Scarlett, but his visiting FSU next weekend obviously doesn't help us.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Law98gator;n158970 said:
Bull you spent the last two years zealously defending Chimp and Fooley.

In retrospect, keeping Muschamp the last year was a mistake. But having 20/20 hindsight does not make you a genius Law. Weren't you bashing Foley when he hired Urban Meyer because he was not a proven SEC coach and his gimmicky offense wouldn't work at UF? Be honest.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I'll be stunned if we even sign 15 this year the way it's going. Did muschamp put us on sanction unbeknownst to us ?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
T REX;n158773 said:
Will Muschamp was NOT a home run hire. He had zero experience. None. Saban's hiring at Bama was a home run. Meyer getting hired here was a home run. Muschamp was an unknown quantity. Foley took a wild gamble. He did not learn from the Zook experiment. Foley deserves MASSIVE criticism. Winning in women's sports? Who gives a flying F? He hired Billy D two decades ago. I'm glad that worked out. But let's be real. If coach Mac doesn't win then Foley should be pushed out the door. IMHO, new blood should've already been in place at AD. Foley had a great run and he is one of the best all-time overall. But he's made a serious mess of things in the last 5 years in FOOTBALL.

Short memory? Or did the memory of the last 4 yrs obliterate what was available when we hired WM? Zero experience as an HBC, but plenty of work as an assistant at winning programs in the south. At the time, WM was HBC in waiting for another historic program that was itching to dump their aged coach before he drove the program off a cliff. MANY believed WM to be the next big thing, at least the surest thing among those seemingly available. I'm not going to argue that Foley isn't cheap - I wouldn't have anything to base that on. But I will say he made an educated choice in picking WM given WM's history with playing and coaching in the SEC and having grown up in G'ville for a time to give him roots here. And if he's in high demand at the time, well then everyone wants him because everyone else does - right or wrong. 4 yrs of hindsight can tell us he was nothing close to a homerun hire, but at the time he had all appearances of it.

Foley has indeed screwed the pooch with how the last 5 yrs have gone - can't argue that. It was a mistake to hire WM, but at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. I can show the flip side of the penny pincher image by pointing to WM's extensions. There's a ying to every yang, and we can take just the bad of Foley's choices but it's shortsighted to not also look at the positive that comes with it. Foley was willing to be patient given the injuries of 2013 - a mistake, but he could equally be damned for a quick trigger, higher buyout remaining on WM's contract AND the expense of whatever the new coach would need. Then some of you would complain he spends too much on crap coaches (example - WM, Weis, etc).

For those saying pay a gazillion for Harbaugh or Saban .... money isn't the only part of such a decision. I doubt Harbaugh was going back to college for anyone but his alma mater. My opinion, known to be wrong, but as valid as you saying he'd have come if we just pay out the nose for it. Same for any demi-god coach who will come if you pay enough. That means he'll leave just as quick if someone pays enough. Bah, this is a wasted train of thought. Miracle men aren't that available, even for self proclaimed elite programs like ours.

=Gatoravatara]I dd not know that being accused of defending Foley is consisted of an attack nowadays. But I don't think that I even did that.

In your defense, I didn't see it either. While I play both sides of the situation like things with Foley or to a degree while WM was driving us over a cliff....I don't recall you attacking anyone in that manner, to include myself who might have earned it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n159000 said:
Short memory? Or did the memory of the last 4 yrs obliterate what was available when we hired WM? Zero experience as an HBC, but plenty of work as an assistant at winning programs in the south. At the time, WM was HBC in waiting for another historic program that was itching to dump their aged coach before he drove the program off a cliff. MANY believed WM to be the next big thing, at least the surest thing among those seemingly available. I'm not going to argue that Foley isn't cheap - I wouldn't have anything to base that on. But I will say he made an educated choice in picking WM given WM's history with playing and coaching in the SEC and having grown up in G'ville for a time to give him roots here. And if he's in high demand at the time, well then everyone wants him because everyone else does - right or wrong. 4 yrs of hindsight can tell us he was nothing close to a homerun hire, but at the time he had all appearances of it.

Foley has indeed screwed the pooch with how the last 5 yrs have gone - can't argue that. It was a mistake to hire WM, but at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. I can show the flip side of the penny pincher image by pointing to WM's extensions. There's a ying to every yang, and we can take just the bad of Foley's choices but it's shortsighted to not also look at the positive that comes with it. Foley was willing to be patient given the injuries of 2013 - a mistake, but he could equally be damned for a quick trigger, higher buyout remaining on WM's contract AND the expense of whatever the new coach would need. Then some of you would complain he spends too much on crap coaches (example - WM, Weis, etc).

For those saying pay a gazillion for Harbaugh or Saban .... money isn't the only part of such a decision. I doubt Harbaugh was going back to college for anyone but his alma mater. My opinion, known to be wrong, but as valid as you saying he'd have come if we just pay out the nose for it. Same for any demi-god coach who will come if you pay enough. That means he'll leave just as quick if someone pays enough. Bah, this is a wasted train of thought. Miracle men aren't that available, even for self proclaimed elite programs like ours.

In your defense, I didn't see it either. While I play both sides of the situation like things with Foley or to a degree while WM was driving us over a cliff....I don't recall you attacking anyone in that manner, to include myself who might have earned it.

I cringed when I heard his name announced. It seemed very Zook like. Our two best coaches in history had offensive roots. Can you name other programs that were trying to hire Will Muschamp outside of Texas(HCIW)?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we continue to get posts attacking posters I will start handing out vacations. It's been going on for weeks and we've been trying to keep the board as free flowing as possible.

So knock it off.

WinterGarden Gator

Jan 15, 2015
The Original DC;n158994 said:
Miami picked up 4 verbal commitments today, two of them were RB's. You would think that would help us with Scarlett, but his visiting FSU next weekend obviously doesn't help us.

That is interesting. They also have Mark Walton, rated slightly better than Scarlett. FSU and Miami have too many dudes, maybe we can help them out by stealing more players from both programs. Come on Randy Shannon, get it done.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Either way its in the past and nothing can undo it. Time to move on to more constructive pursuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.