Offseason Insight

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Anybody can throw schist against a wall and make it stick now and again. :clap:
It's all in fun man so don't take it seriously. I like hearing what others have to say and find it the best part of coming here. If I said anything that offended you I sincerely apologize.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You have to remember Franks wasn't the average QB prospect. He got basically zero QB coaching at his highschool. Our coaches knew he was a project. A project with a huge ceiling for sure, but still a project. Most of us expected it to be 2-3 years before he was ready to face an SEC schedule.

I agree with this but at this point Mac new what he had in Harris and that Grier was gone. This means he was putting all his faith in Del Rio with the expectation to be able to develop Franks so he can play next year.

Del Rio did play well against Kentucky before he got hurt, but it was Kentucky and nobody knows if he will even be able throw a ball. I don't think anybody is sold that Del Rio is the answer at QB, so I would have to put it on Mac for not being able to recruit a QB who could be ready to contribute in his second year.

We will see what happens. My hope is that Franks starts and plays well, but I was not inspired by his performance against back-ups in the Spring Game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with this but at this point Mac new what he had in Harris and that Grier was gone. This means he was putting all his faith in Del Rio with the expectation to be able to develop Franks so he can play next year.

Del Rio did play well against Kentucky before he got hurt, but it was Kentucky and nobody knows if he will even be able throw a ball. I don't think anybody is sold that Del Rio is the answer at QB, so I would have to put it on Mac for not being able to recruit a QB who could be ready to contribute in his second year.

We will see what happens. My hope is that Franks starts and plays well, but I was not inspired by his performance against back-ups in the Spring Game.

I agree the fact that McElwain should have recruited a more ready starter even if it was just a 3 star prospect. Someone who already had an understanding of the QB position. Trask had no experience (mop up duty doesn't count) and was recruited to be a camp arm. Franks was way to raw. Our brand at Quarterback has been really questionable for almost a decade (last 3000 yard passer 2007). But he made his bed.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Allen is as good as some people say maybe he can start after camp.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's all in fun man so don't take it seriously. I like hearing what others have to say and find it the best part of coming here. If I said anything that offended you I sincerely apologize.
You didn't offend me, you just wasted my time by posting BS. But it's all my fault as I probably should have known better. Carry on my friend.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Allen is as good as some people say maybe he can start after camp.

200.webp

-

-

-

-

200.webp

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads