Offseason Insight

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You have to remember Franks wasn't the average QB prospect. He got basically zero QB coaching at his highschool. Our coaches knew he was a project. A project with a huge ceiling for sure, but still a project. Most of us expected it to be 2-3 years before he was ready to face an SEC schedule.

Yes I know both had issues with not having a great HS coaching. I bet Tim did not have that great of a HS coaching yet he was ready in his second year. Of course running read option can be easier than our current system.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hilarious. Any comment saying "I want it now" going into a coach's third year is just flat ridiculous.

I want it now...three years later.

Make it stop. Please.
You need to get a grip. I did when I became convinced that they're just better fans than those of us that expect more.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
**** you 2222
About the offense, I think the scheme has a ton of potential. We need a QB desperately and an improvement on the line, but the potential is there, the system is good.

Gripe about coaching all you want, but the system should work well with a good QB
Other than in the mountain west, when has this scheme ever blown the doors off anyone?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Here's the humorous part...It took Meyer 0 years to find his QB at 3 different stops, it took Saban less than 1 year to find his QB at 3 different places, Petrino seems to stumble on one everywhere his dirty ass goes, then there's guys like Bert who have not 1 but 2 NFL prospects on their roster at the same time. Sumlin walks right into a Heisman winner and then gets the best 5th year transfer available.....Freeze, c'mon man Freeze has studs lining up at his door, Kelly & Patterson, Jimbo has a Heisman and NC winning QB plus Ponder, Manuel and now Francois.....Harbaugh took a 5th year transfer who was a 3rd stringer at Iowa and made an audition video of him for the NFL on our vaunted defense in front of family and friends......should I go on or do the rest of you realize we have a giant can of QB away running our program....Laugh at Nord all you want because that is what QB recruits are doing to McButterstuffins when he calls.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the humorous part...It took Meyer 0 years to find his QB at 3 different stops, it took Saban less than 1 year to find his QB at 3 different places, Petrino seems to stumble on one everywhere his dirty ass goes, then there's guys like Bert who have not 1 but 2 NFL prospects on their roster at the same time. Sumlin walks right into a Heisman winner and then gets the best 5th year transfer available.....Freeze, c'mon man Freeze has studs lining up at his door, Kelly & Patterson, Jimbo has a Heisman and NC winning QB plus Ponder, Manuel and now Francois.....Harbaugh took a 5th year transfer who was a 3rd stringer at Iowa and made an audition video of him for the NFL on our vaunted defense in front of family and friends......should I go on or do the rest of you realize we have a giant can of QB away running our program....Laugh at Nord all you want because that is what QB recruits are doing to McButterstuffins when he calls.

But, but the Clarabelle offense is guaranteed to be fun......chomp chomp....

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Really?
Meyer had Alex Smith and Chris Leak at Utah and UF. Silly argument is silly, then your man crush with Bert comes back into it? Stick to being a hogs fan.
Some of you guys have nothing better to do than rehash the same ol crap, hour after hour.
But please go on, I'm on the edge of my seat! :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Really?
Meyer had Alex Smith and Chris Leak at Utah and UF. Silly argument is silly, then your man crush with Bert comes back into it? Stick to being a hogs fan.
Some of you guys have nothing better to do than rehash the same ol crap, hour after hour.
It's the off-season. I already harassed URG as much as I could this week...what else is there to do?

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's the off-season. I already harassed URG as much as I could this week...what else is there to do?
I thought that was last week. You doing it again? :lol: How many more times you been banned?
I'm on vacation and haven't been paying real close attention. Just don't like highly expressive arguments that are flawed from the start (Crete).

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I thought that was last week. You doing it again? :lol: How many more times you been banned?
I'm on vacation and haven't been paying real close attention. Just don't like highly expressive arguments that are flawed from the start (Crete).
You gotta love Crete. He fights the good fight no matter the odds. :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Really?
Well what about the other dozen or so examples I gave not to mention dozens more off the top of my head that I could give....It's not rocket science... But you're right I should just be patient while McWhispers turns our best option at QB into a WR before he proves he's better than anyone of the other studs on the roster....

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You gotta love Crete. He fights the good fight no matter the odds. :lol:

He's lucky Ox likes people who stir **** up. It's pretty obvious why he's been perma-banned from every other Gator sports message board out there.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He's lucky Ox likes people who stir **** up. It's pretty obvious why he's been perma-banned from every other Gator sports message board out there.
C'mon man, you know I'm just being a little over the top to prove my point....But you have to admit I've got a pretty good point.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well what about the other dozen or so examples I gave not to mention dozens more off the top of my head that I could give....It's not rocket science... But you're right I should just be patient while McWhispers turns our best option at QB into a WR before he proves he's better than anyone of the other studs on the roster....
I didn't read the rest of your silly argument because you f@cked up the first sentence.
Also, I said nothing about our coach. We get it big guy - you're upset for the thousandth time! :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If those other boards ban people for voicing a different opinion then they're idiots. I don't recall Crete ever making personal attacks or the like. He just goes apesh*t when he gets a mancrush.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
C'mon man, you know I'm just being a little over the top to prove my point....But you have to admit I've got a pretty good point.
Anybody can throw schist against a wall and make it stick now and again. :clap:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:whew: I really don't want to watch the communication breakdown, running for your life QB style ever again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.