OK, I'll jump on the pumper bandwagon

spook

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remember, Williams and Oliver started off bad too.

Not sure the solution, but everytime you hear of Oline moves and this guy filling in here, our Oline always sucks. Olines need cohesiveness. Especially young ones.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
ATXGator;n52341 said:
They always say the greatest improvement is between week 1 and week 2. For me... the biggest concern was the OL and the inability to make the other team pay on a blitz. If a team blitzes you have to hit them with big plays or you are screwed.

I hope the team proves me wrong, but the offense needed to score more and we had two games where we played poorly in the red zone. We are kicking field goals from the 5 yard line. We missed a 40 yard field goal and a 52 yard field goal.
It's great that we had a ton of yards, but we need to figure out how to score points. I'm glad we seemed to adjust and while I agree this is an improved Kentucky team, I don't expect this UK team to beat UGA, USC or Mizzou... so we just beat the 5th team in the East in triple OT and needed help from a very close non delay of game call (yes, we may have scored anyway).

The bottom line is that htis team has yet to perform up to expectations. It is only 1 game and the offense is improved, but it needs to be much better. I get that everything is fixable, but isn't that always the issue. If we have the talent, but they don't execute.. .then who do you blame.

I hope I am wrong... I was very hopeful coming into this season, but that game really set me back. I reallly really want Muschamp to succeed. I like the guy and deep down I think he can be a great coach, but at some point he needs to prove it. Hopefully next week is the one... so to leave on a positive note... I'll leave this tweet from Thomas Goldkamp and hope it's true...

"Asked Roper about stuff we saw worked on offensively in camp and we haven't seen yet. Wasn't having it. Said running full offense. Do not buy."

These are the same things I see as our biggest problem right now.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jake from State Farm said:
It's been two games and over-all, we haven't been 2013 bad.

Some might even have some hope.
You don't sound hideous to me. Post more often please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator