Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Durty South Swamp;n50220 said:
what fever said... and also those numbers were after a full game and 3 OTs. Drink kool-aid if you want but it's not going to help. Last year it was TOP now its yardage... both are good to have in general but neither wins a game. Can we consistently move the sticks, convert on 3rd and score in the redzone is what is important regardless of TOP or yardage and the answer to those questions was mostly no.

So should we not count any home runs that players have hit in extra innings? Should we go back and take away Emmitt Smith or Walter Payton's rushing yards from OT games during their career? Overtime or not, they had to gain the yards and they put the points on the board. They still count just as much as the ones during regulation.
You said teams are set up in scoring position and it's so easy it shouldn't count. I gave you examples across all sports of situations that are easy to score in, such as penalty kicks and free throws, which both count. News flash: if a soccer player is fouled in the penalty box, he gets........a penalty kick. If he makes that penalty kick, which is absurdly easy to do, it counts. I know you're not playing with a full deck, but good grief.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
what fever said... and also those numbers were after a full game and 3 OTs. Drink kool-aid if you want but it's not going to help. Last year it was TOP now its yardage... both are good to have in general but neither wins a game. Can we consistently move the sticks, convert on 3rd and score in the redzone is what is important regardless of TOP or yardage and the answer to those questions was mostly no.

So should we not count any home runs that players have hit in extra innings? Should we go back and take away Emmitt Smith or Walter Payton's rushing yards from OT games during their career? Overtime or not, they had to gain the yards and they put the points on the board. They still count just as much as the ones during regulation.
You know Trex, it's nothing to be ashamed of that you were born stupid. BUT the fact that you've gotten dumber is. The goals from a shootout DO count.They count on the stats of the players taking them. Most if not all of the players contracts, especially the strikers, have goal bonuses, and most have extra bonuses for getting to a certain number. For example. 10 goal x amt. 20 goals y amt. do you get it? And for you're information you can get pk's at any time in a game not just in a shootout which is what SAS was talking about. You truly are a pathetic little creature.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Hey Jereed, I'm glad you're here I was getting lonely on this wagon all by myself.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:

Considering I watch soccer all the time and we were talking about the stats in OVERTIME counting. The goals do not count for a TEAM. You two can circle jerk all you want...of course PKs during a soccer match count and you can get them at anytime. Who said any different? Not me you dumb****s. And how much are we betting that PKs(penalty shootout) at the end of the match do not count towards team or individual stats?

$1000 right now???? FIFA does not count PKs in penalty shootouts

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:

And you still don't get the point I was making in the first place. I give up. :facepalm:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:

Google is your friend..sonoma...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:

nobody is saying they dont count (i think) but the OP was making a case that we put up a lot of yards so thats encouraging. I simply stated that we played a lot of extra time football to accrue those yards so its not as "good" as it may look as first. And further, that yards aren't that much different than TOP if you cant sustain a drive and consistently get in the end zone which we seemed to struggle with. I find it hard to believe you are actually going to debate me on this one...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA said:
The only stat that counts is points scored when the clock strikes zero - we won that stat. This other stuff makes for good discussion, but the last time I checked, the objective of the game is to win. I'm hoping we keep doing that!
actually we didnt... when the clock struck zero we were tied. There is no game clock in OT, just a play clock.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n51650 said:
A tale of two halves!

I am worried about our DB's getting torched in the 2nd half.

Were they getting beat by speed or just taking bad drops?

Neither, they were using poor technique, specifically poor eye discipline.

gat0rjay

Sep 7, 2014
Regardless of what anyone thinks they know at this point regarding Muschamp, Roper, Driskel, or the 2014 team - it's all conjecture based loosely on prior art, which may or may not be worth considering. Maybe we're better, maybe we're worse - I honestly don't know yet. I can see us pulling out an upset, or getting annihilated by UA this weekend; in my mind there's no telling what will happen.

Of course everyone likes to feel like they have the answers, and that they know more than the rest of us. But the fact of the matter is we really won't know where we're at until we match up against a relative "known quantity" in UA this weekend. At the surface, certainly the game against UK seemingly portends a rather ominous remainder of this season. However, if you're truly being objective then you'll admit that UK is also an unknown quantity itself. Maybe they're better than we expected. Or maybe they're not; in which case the pessimists among us will be able to look back in delight and say, "yup, that game was the red flag, I told you so." There's no doubt that we certainly could have run UK out of the stadium had we simply started with a little more crispness and precision on both sides of the ball. If we could have limited our mistakes (drops, penalties, poor reads, bad execution) to two or three instances (instead of over a dozen), then we likely would have had a much more relaxing evening.

Still, almost all of the errors were correctable. Most were likely attributable to new offense (playing slow, thinking too much) rustiness (not that I'm a big fan, but JD hasn't really played many meaningful minutes unless you go back to the 2012 season), or inexperience (we do have a lot of new faces, at least in that they haven't contributed much in prior seasons).

All of the mistakes we saw vs UK were likely exacerbated due to missing out on a game which would have allowed for important game-reps and team cohesion - but those are the breaks.

I'll give the team and staff one more week to show me what they've got. After this weekend's game I'll pass judgment.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:

Aw Trex really? google is my friend? I don't give a **** how much soccer you say you watch. The penalty kicks count in the players goal total, stop trying to prove you're an idiot.And you like usual are trying to do nothing but muddy the facts so you can scream some more.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:

Penalty kicks in a penalty shootout do NOT count toward individual or team totals. They don't ask anyone on here you stupid POS. Where's my $1000????

For context, our conversation was about overtime stats and how those points skewed ours. We only scored 20 in regulation.

You stupid ****. Pwned.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
gat0rjay said:
Regardless of what anyone thinks they know at this point regarding Muschamp, Roper, Driskel, or the 2014 team - it's all conjecture based loosely on prior art, which may or may not be worth considering. Maybe we're better, maybe we're worse - I honestly don't know yet. I can see us pulling out an upset, or getting annihilated by UA this weekend; in my mind there's no telling what will happen.

Of course everyone likes to feel like they have the answers, and that they know more than the rest of us. But the fact of the matter is we really won't know where we're at until we match up against a relative "known quantity" in UA this weekend. At the surface, certainly the game against UK seemingly portends a rather ominous remainder of this season. However, if you're truly being objective then you'll admit that UK is also an unknown quantity itself. Maybe they're better than we expected. Or maybe they're not; in which case the pessimists among us will be able to look back in delight and say, "yup, that game was the red flag, I told you so." There's no doubt that we certainly could have run UK out of the stadium had we simply started with a little more crispness and precision on both sides of the ball. If we could have limited our mistakes (drops, penalties, poor reads, bad execution) to two or three instances (instead of over a dozen), then we likely would have had a much more relaxing evening.

Still, almost all of the errors were correctable. Most were likely attributable to new offense (playing slow, thinking too much) rustiness (not that I'm a big fan, but JD hasn't really played many meaningful minutes unless you go back to the 2012 season), or inexperience (we do have a lot of new faces, at least in that they haven't contributed much in prior seasons).

All of the mistakes we saw vs UK were likely exacerbated due to missing out on a game which would have allowed for important game-reps and team cohesion - but those are the breaks.

I'll give the team and staff one more week to show me what they've got. After this weekend's game I'll pass judgment.
Yeah...it's Idaho's fault. Always an excuse. Always something. How about Muschamp just isn't capable?

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gat0rjay said:

Typical Trexy negative vibe.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gat0rjay;n51973 said:

Post more often!

:bananawave:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
gat0rjay said:

Out of this entire post, valTREX cherry picks the comment about Idaho. What a waste of breathable oxygen.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
gat0rjay said:

Typical Jerk182 and Cpt Limpwrist...nice job boys.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
fan_bandwagon_clean1.gif

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They always say the greatest improvement is between week 1 and week 2. For me... the biggest concern was the OL and the inability to make the other team pay on a blitz. If a team blitzes you have to hit them with big plays or you are screwed.

I hope the team proves me wrong, but the offense needed to score more and we had two games where we played poorly in the red zone. We are kicking field goals from the 5 yard line. We missed a 40 yard field goal and a 52 yard field goal. It's great that we had a ton of yards, but we need to figure out how to score points. I'm glad we seemed to adjust and while I agree this is an improved Kentucky team, I don't expect this UK team to beat UGA, USC or Mizzou... so we just beat the 5th team in the East in triple OT and needed help from a very close non delay of game call (yes, we may have scored anyway).

The bottom line is that htis team has yet to perform up to expectations. It is only 1 game and the offense is improved, but it needs to be much better. I get that everything is fixable, but isn't that always the issue. If we have the talent, but they don't execute.. .then who do you blame.

I hope I am wrong... I was very hopeful coming into this season, but that game really set me back. I reallly really want Muschamp to succeed. I like the guy and deep down I think he can be a great coach, but at some point he needs to prove it. Hopefully next week is the one... so to leave on a positive note... I'll leave this tweet from Thomas Goldkamp and hope it's true...

"Asked Roper about stuff we saw worked on offensively in camp and we haven't seen yet. Wasn't having it. Said running full offense. Do not buy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.