Oklahoma drill in the SEC - Our beloved conference pussified?

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, well, well. It looks like the "skirts and tutus" approach to molding young men into gladiators of the gridiron is weaseling its way into our beloved and, apparently formerly vaunted SEC.

SEC coaches weigh future of Oklahoma drill as NFL asks its teams to stop using it

Check out the quotes from some of the coaches. Who knew that the HCs for the Chuggers and Humpers were really little girls? Well, I guess I always suspected....

"I don't know how it makes you a better football player." -- Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt said

"We try to eliminate as much of that as we can." -- Kentucky coach Mark Stoops

"It's been done at places I've been. It's just not something we cared to introduce." -- Mississippi State coach Joe Moorhead

"I don't see it culturally bonding to put two men 10 yards apart and ram them." -- Georgia coach Kirby Smart

"If there's medical evidence that shows that it's a harm to your players, then certainly we are going to take that into consideration." -- South Carolina coach Will Muschamp

"What's the purpose of the drill you are doing? … Is it a toughness drill? Is it educational? Is it technique? Is it competitive? What are you trying to accomplish out of the drill?" -- Florida coach Dan Mullen.

"Culturally bonding"?? WTF is Kirbychamp talking about? Did the Bear run "culturally bonding" drills at Bammer or KY? How many hand holding drills did Johnny Vaught run at Ole Miss? I don't recall any of Batesy's SOS stories talking about drills they ran to get in touch with their feelings.

It is of (admittedly little) comfort that the 2 coaches quoted associated with the Gator Nation sound the least like babies.

Chelsea Manning and Caitlin Jenner could not be reached for comment.

First, they outlaw the Oklahoma drill in the NFL. Now, a cabal of effeminate coaches led by the head "man" at our biggest rival (and an orange-clad "school" that likes to think they're our rival) seek to weaken tradition in the SEC.

Where are the Junction Boys when you need them? What is happening to America?!?!?!?

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it's the end of SEC football but it's just another chink in the armor.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mushchimp does Oklahoma drills by himself against whiteboards and office furniture.

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

"I don't see it culturally bonding to put two men 10 yards apart and ram them." -- Georgia coach Kirby Smart

Instead, Kirby eliminates the 10 yard space, puts 2 men butt to nut so they can ram and let’s them culturally bond that way...in the shower stalls. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully Mullen not only keeps doing it, he has our guys stand twice as far apart just to make his point.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
"I don't see it culturally bonding to put two men 10 yards apart and ram them." -- Georgia coach Kirby

Instead, Kirby eliminates the 10 yard space, puts 2 men butt to nut so they can ram and let’s them culturally bond that way...in the shower stalls. :lol:
Paging equipment manager to video this happening...

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I knew this would trickle down to every level of the game.I can only speak for youth football but, without this drill and others like it to simulate the intensity and toughness of a real game a lot of kids will
not know what hit them on game day. Mike Peterson alone would have killed half our team including my own son..

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
just give them switch-blades and let them go at it.....

knife-fight-scene-from-west-side-story_u-l-p47ip90.jpg

West Side Story Oklahoma drill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.