OL Drew Savary career over

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Career over. Lingering concussion symptoms. Line continues to get thinner. He was the only center we've recruited in the past four years.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n120627 said:
Career over. Lingering concussion symptoms. Line continues to get thinner. He was the only center we've recruited in the past four years.

Sad for him, but just highlights the incompetence of the current staff when it comes to recruiting our offensive needs.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So much for our previous coach and his continued preaching about the SEC being a line of scrimmage league and how we needed to be strong on the lines of scrimmage. Just one more failure to add to his resume.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n120641 said:
So much for our previous coach and his continued preaching about the SEC being a line of scrimmage league and how we needed to be strong on the lines of scrimmage. Just one more failure to add to his resume.

Kid had concussion issues and this is the response you have? Failure all around on this one.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How many scholarship people did we have in 2011? How many can we have? How many to sign per year?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n120627 said:

I hope this kid gets over these issues. It really changes some peoples lives.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
How did I not even recognize this name?

Sucks to hear, especially so early on. Hopefully he can finish out his academic career here and find success in life.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n120643 said:
Kid had concussion issues and this is the response you have? Failure all around on this one.

I'm not saying anything about the kid. I'm just mentioning that the previous coach for all his preaching, and we still have no depth on the O-line.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n120640 said:
Sad for him, but just highlights the incompetence of the current staff when it comes to recruiting our offensive needs.

Very well put. Epic failure of the PAST Head Coach.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let's see, Muschamp whined annually about what he inherited on the O-line, remember the "we don't have enough bodies for a Spring game" crap right before we went 4-8? Now I guess the next guy will bitch about what he inherited from Muschamp on the O-line. We've got Rod Johnson and David Sharpe coming back, actually two solid Tackles, but absolutely NOTHING other than those two. Hoping like hell Cam Dillard will make a decent Center.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Muschamp should have put more padding in the kid's helmet. This one is on him.
:facepalm:

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Remember that swansong press conference? And I quote, "Don't let the next coach tell you we don't have any good players in that locker room." After Max Garcia who do we have left at center? Or am I missing someone?

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
PaulDrake;n120952 said:
Remember that swansong press conference? And I quote, "Don't let the next coach tell you we don't have any good players in that locker room." After Max Garcia who do we have left at center? Or am I missing someone?

Dilliard I believe was in the battle for center spot.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Savary is actually a Junior (JUCO transfer), not a freshman. He was committed to Texas Tech....and no one had ever heard of the guy, then all of a sudden our staff offers him a scholarship. Desperation at it's finest.....

We need to sign 2 or 3 JUCO's this year and hope at least one of them is worth a sh*t. We have the scholarships available, why not?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;120964 said:
Savary is actually a Junior (JUCO transfer), not a freshman. He was committed to Texas Tech....and no one had ever heard of the guy, then all of a sudden our staff offers him a scholarship. Desperation at it's finest.....

We need to sign 2 or 3 JUCO's this year and hope at least one of them is worth a sh*t. We have the scholarships available, why not?

TBH, I confused him with Dillard. I changed the post title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator