Ole Miss OL Tunsil admits to taking money from coaches

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That dumb arse is Jimmy Sexton a bottom of the barrel agent who did not help Tebow's career. How could he not make Tebow a Gatorade spokesperson for life? SMH. That was a natural and money for Tim's foundation. I mean the greatest Gator with the greatest thirst hydration drink was a natural.

As for Tunsil he's a problem child and he's the Dolphin's problem child now. They better hope he's off the dope and ready for real work because this idiot cost himself 10 million dollars on draft night.

Although I agree with you that this is a natural association that would have been great, PepsiCo would never support Tebow and his evil lifestyle.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure the mentioned money payoffs were just from Ole Miss. It's being reported that Bama
sent Tunsil money to blurt out those revelations. :confused:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think what's craziest about this entire thing is how quiet Ole Miss and the NCAA has been.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
NCAA has an open investigation already (several years running?), so neither they nor Ole Miss is likely to be saying anything at this time.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NCAA has an open investigation already (several years running?), so neither they nor Ole Miss is likely to be saying anything at this time.

At least two years a NCAA satellite office has been set up in Oxford according to what was reported by the NFL network on draft night, after the comments went public.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think what's craziest about this entire thing is how quiet Ole Miss and the NCAA has been.
They're just waiting for enough time to pass where this will be a non story.I don't think it's a coincidence that this has all been redirected to tunsils former financial adviser. Very little is going to come of this if anything at all.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They're just waiting for enough time to pass where this will be a non story.I don't think it's a coincidence that this has all been redirected to tunsils former financial adviser. Very little is going to come of this if anything at all.

I'm not sure NCAA can ignore that admission on nationwide TV and tweets and texts.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest cheaters that come to mind for me are Alabama, Ole Miss, Clemson, and FSU.

Obviously Miami and USC were big cheaters. And after the NCAA came down on them they have not been able to resurrect their programs yet. Imagine the destruction that sanctions will do to a small program like Ole Miss.

Georgia has been relatively clean for the last several years. It will be interesting to see how the addition of Smart will affect that.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest cheaters that come to mind for me are Alabama, Ole Miss, Clemson, and FSU.

Obviously Miami and USC were big cheaters. And after the NCAA came down on them they have not been able to resurrect their programs yet. Imagine the destruction that sanctions will do to a small program like Ole Miss.

Georgia has been relatively clean for the last several years. It will be interesting to see how the addition of Smart will affect that.

Not a fan of Mark Richt at all. He was a Miami QB, FSU OC, UGA HC, and now Miami HC. However, I do think he's a pretty good guy and ran things pretty clean. The issue now is how aggressive are the UGA boosters. Smart has certainly already had to deal with a push from boosters during his first recruiting cycle. Many of us gave Smart the benefit of the doubt during his first cycle. He already had a relationship with these kids from his time at Bama, or Eason was keeping the class together, but it is entirely possible that he has already started the Bama way at UGA.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So, are they considering Tunsil's statement as an allegation ??

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's looking worse and worse for Ole Miss.

What is a college player doing with a "business and financial advisor"? Specially when that advisor is actually an agent runner.

"Tunsil hired a man to work as his business manager and financial adviser in mid-October, about two and a half months before his junior season with the Rebels ended, according to the sources. The man scheduled agents' meetings with Tunsil and his mother and handled other duties for him.

The business manager was fired after other agents informed Tunsil that the man wasn't licensed or registered to work as a financial adviser but was a "runner," a term used to describe someone who gives money and other benefits to entice a player to sign with an agent or financial adviser with whom the runner is working.

The sources said the business manager gave Tunsil a new cellphone in mid-October. People close to Tunsil believe the man might have accessed Tunsil's social media accounts before the draft by logging into them through his old phone."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/...etween-tunsil--school-official-180459209.html

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ncaa has just made a statment saying they believe those texts were real

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If all Penn state got for 40 years of raping little boys was a 2 year bowl ban, I don't think the ncaa will do much about this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator