OSU Saga: Meyer suspended for 3 games

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Totally Fake News.
Transcript from Meyers/AD conversation:
AD: you really stepped in it this time Urban. Lying to the press about Zach. I know he is Bruce's grandson, but haven't you heard of #MeToo. This doesn't look good. And with the new for cause clause in your contract, you're going to lose $6M a year.
Meyer: Boss, I didn't lie; I misremembered. My lawyer told me to remind you that I reported the DV to you as soon as Shelley told me. You do recall that don't you?
AD: Now that you mention it, I seem to recall that very thing. You my lawyer told me you would remind me and if I remembered there is no Title IX violation. Everything else is just getting the optics in focus.
Meyer: Our lawyer had a way forward on that front. I will write a letter and send it to the press outlining the newly remembered details and apologizing for the mix-up. We can mention the stress of the preseason was causing heart palpitations or something.
AD: Sounds good except for the health issue; that dog won't hunt again.
Meyer: Thanks Boss, I'll get right on the letter. Dinner at our place Friday? Zach is cooking.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No one believes it, it's just fun to talk about it to trigger the jilted lovers.
I KNOW most of us don't believe he was coming back here in any capacity, even as a consultant.

I'm sure MOST of us know you are making a tent in your Urbie Snuggy just thinking about the possibility however so remote.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If nothing else, McMurphy is putting on an absolute clinic on how to win a debate. Throw out strictly the initial inflammatory facts, wait for the opponent to counter and box themselves in, then release the next. Rinse, repeat until it’s almost comical.

Meyer and Smith would probably be better off just shutting up and hoping for the best. At this stage you’d be naive to think McMurphy doesn’t have a bag of damning rebuttals he’s just waiting to use.

As a born arguer, it’s fun to watch.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mcmurphy was on local radio yesterday. It was can't miss radio. He has done a ton of research including an original police report that said Zach had been arrested. When the media released the reports that part was "revised" and no arrest was mentioned. Total white wash. Busted. If Meyer reported it and no one did anything...they should all go down for title IX violations.

OSUcks!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It’s really Meyer’s word against the AD and Zac Smith is corroborating Meyer’s statement. Says he was pulled from a recruiting trip to come back and talk to the AD in 2015 about the allegations. Sounds like Meyer survives and Geno doesn’t.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Of course this can be totally doctored. Just rename McMurphy to Zach in your contacts then text him this crap. Without timestamps it's worth nothing.
At this point, who cares if Zac Smith is lying or not about the abuse? He’s already been fired and he’s backing Urbs by stating he’s was brought on the carpet by Geno after Meyer reported it to him. Geno will be the one that takes the fall. Sounds like Meyer did what he was required to do...which was merely report it. At that point, it’s up to the university administration to take action or not.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It’s really Meyer’s word against the AD and Zac Smith is corroborating Meyer’s statement. Says he was pulled from a recruiting trip to come back and talk to the AD in 2015 about the allegations. Sounds like Meyer survives and Geno doesn’t.

Maybe. But while B10 media days obviously aren’t a deposition, at a minimum Meyer perjured himself by now acknowledging he did in fact know about something he denied knowing just a week ago. So credibility is out the window.

Plus, while it might get him technically cleared on the Title stuff, at what does the cumulative part come into play? So as long as you told the AD about it, it’s cool if you knowingly keep an employee who beats his wife, say, on a weekly basis? At what point do ethics and responsibility come into play?

You may be right, but I hope not.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe. But while B10 media days obviously aren’t a deposition, at a minimum Meyer perjured himself by now acknowledging he did in fact know about something he denied knowing just a week ago. So credibility is out the window.

Plus, while it might get him technically cleared on the Title stuff, at what does the cumulative part come into play? So as long as you told the AD about it, it’s cool if you knowingly keep an employee who beats his wife, say, on a weekly basis? At what point do ethics and responsibility come into play?

You may be right, but I hope not.
Perjured himself to the media? Coaches lie to the media in damn near every press conference they attend...and they certainly aren’t under oath when they do it.
If Urbs reported it, he’ll take a black eye for keeping him, but nothing like the administration will for not acting on it. After all, if they were willing to let Zac remain gainfully employed then why wouldn’t Urbs?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course this can be totally doctored. Just rename McMurphy to Zach in your contacts then text him this crap. Without timestamps it's worth nothing.
Smith is fired. You lose.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Perjured himself to the media? Coaches lie to the media in damn near every press conference they attend...and they certainly aren’t under oath when they do it.
If Urbs reported it, he’ll take a black eye for keeping him, but nothing like the administration will for not acting on it. After all, if they were willing to let Zac remain gainfully employed then why wouldn’t Urbs?

I’m using perjured figuratively. And I don’t personally equate this with “I’m not taking the ___ job” or “Patchan’s wrist is fine”. To me, he blatantly lied about something serious and his credibility is shot. So if the AD says only one incident was reported, and Meyer has to play the “I didn’t know about the others” card, I don’t see how anyone believes him. As I’ve said all along, this is as much about perception than anything else. Hie reputation would be even more destroyed.

But I do think the AD should be flushed. I say light the whole place on fire and start again, minus the pasty fat girls and jersey wearing tool bags.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m using perjured figuratively. And I don’t personally equate this with “I’m not taking the ___ job” or “Patchan’s wrist is fine”. To me, he blatantly lied about something serious and his credibility is shot. So if the AD says only one incident was reported, and Meyer has to play the “I didn’t know about the others” card, I don’t see how anyone believes him. As I’ve said all along, this is as much about perception than anything else. Hie reputation would be even more destroyed.

But I do think the AD should be flushed. I say light the whole place on fire and start again, minus the pasty fat girls and jersey wearing tool bags.
Yeah, I don’t see him getting fired after Zac’s radio interview today. Will his legacy be tarnished? Nah...it’s already taken a beating and he still just keeps winning and getting paid. If he was a marginal coach, then the story would end quite differently.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just a note on the way some abusers lie even to themselves. Perhaps he never hit her with his fists, just threw around & against the wall, just choked on her neck. So he fogs as if he isn't a wife-beater.
That is why DV experts are required to interview alleged abusers.

However, are we seeing the "throw under the bus" hysteria where this Ohio State employee's evil is given sway to extend as far as condemning Dan Mullen and the University of Florida ? This is the tragedizing that the muck-raking media expands with improper glee.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
McMurphy: Domestic battery in 2015 w Zach smith?

Leyer: There was nothing, I don’t know who creates a false story like that.

Now: Yeah, I misspoke. Didnt articulate well. I meant to say I knew about it and reported it and Im glad you created the totally true story.

Really tough sell.

My answer would be something like this for the original story: its a staff matter, and as far as I know its is being investigated by whomever. we are here to talk about Crackbus football.

Or now, something like:

Zach, mrs Zach and the kids are close friends for a long time. I wanted to believe wasnt capable of that. I didnt want to talk about it and was irritated that you posted the story and it was being tried in the court of public opinion. i reported it in 2015 but apparently misjudged him, now that I see there was actually so much more than I knew. I reported it but I would have done more if I had known the depth of this. We have people to handle these things. Investigations arent my job.

Something like that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.