OSU Saga: Meyer suspended for 3 games

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Give it a few weeks and we will see. If they were truly had made up their mind, he would have already been broken off. They are waiting to see if it gets lost in other news.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Couple of thoughts:

1. Courtney Smith is not a student or an employee of the University so does Title IX apply?
2. The incidents occurred off campus
3. No arrest for the 2015 incident
4. Zach Smith was fired for violating a protective order while dropping one of his kids
5. Should the court of public opinion be substituted for the legal system

Now I am all for protecting people from domestic violence. But in my long life I have seen a lot of false accusations in domestic disputes as a prelude to or after a divorce/custody. Some will go as far as accuse their spouses of sexual abuse of the children which I think is totally despicable.
I agree that we jump to a lot of conclusions before information is fully understood but those pictures and multiple police reports and texts sure are hard to ignore. This isn’t overreaction or premature judgment in my opinion.

leogator

May 5, 2018
OK, no arrest in 2015 so what are you supposed to do? Fire him on mere accusations?

What if the woman got the pics from the internet? What if she is a total drama queen.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Abuse? Boy, Urban is really gettin' beat up.

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
Well if anything at least this takes the media's heat off Florida's offseason.
Florida: "We plan on taking the most media attention this year.."
Ohio State: "Hold my beer..."

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
OK, no arrest in 2015 so what are you supposed to do? Fire him on mere accusations?

What if the woman got the pics from the internet? What if she is a total drama queen.
You suggesting she photoshopped herself onto pictures of battered women? You can see her face in some of them. Pretty ridiculous stance.

Additionally, the pattern of abuse has been documented - it’s not a new thing. Why she chose not to pursue charges isn’t known but doesn’t change the fact that abuse occurred.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why she chose not to pursue charges isn’t known but doesn’t change the fact that abuse occurred.

In one interview she said her own parents told her not to press charges because then he'd be fired and it would impact her and their kids financially.....which is mind boggling to me.

leogator

May 5, 2018
You suggesting she photoshopped herself onto pictures of battered women? You can see her face in some of them. Pretty ridiculous stance.

Additionally, the pattern of abuse has been documented - it’s not a new thing. Why she chose not to pursue charges isn’t known but doesn’t change the fact that abuse occurred.
"In a report on Wednesday, Courtney Smith told Brett McMurphy that her ex-husband "shoved me up against the wall, with his hands around my neck." Those details are not included in the report from Powell police, and no charges were filed form the incident."
Records show history of domestic incidents between former Ohio State receivers coach Zach Smith and ex-wife
Read the article above and tell me what you see. I see woman that's possibly abused but refuses to press charges. I see a Powell police department that investigates but does not find enough evidence to arrest. I see a situation where one of them should have moved out of state because they're just bad for each other.
Meanwhile Zach Smith's lawyer promises to tell his side of the story not to the media but under sworn testimony.

Last edited:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I don't think it's as cut and dry as no arrest equals no action. I keep seeing her decisions being brought up as reasons to exonerate Meyer in all of this and really her decisions should be taken with a grain of salt. Battered women make all kinds of crazy decisions when it comes to actually pressing charges or even just leaving. Your whole life is resting on these decisions in the heat of the moment and i can't even imagine what it's like. I find it very hard to believe that Meyer didn't know...he knew about the abuse here at UF. At the least Shelley knew about the abuse in 2015...i can't imagine she didn't tell Urban...or she "didn't tell him" so he wouldn't have to lie but he knew

leogator

May 5, 2018
I don't think it's as cut and dry as no arrest equals no action. I keep seeing her decisions being brought up as reasons to exonerate Meyer in all of this and really her decisions should be taken with a grain of salt. Battered women make all kinds of crazy decisions when it comes to actually pressing charges or even just leaving. Your whole life is resting on these decisions in the heat of the moment and i can't even imagine what it's like. I find it very hard to believe that Meyer didn't know...he knew about the abuse here at UF. At the least Shelley knew about the abuse in 2015...i can't imagine she didn't tell Urban...or she "didn't tell him" so he wouldn't have to lie but he knew

What do you want him to do? Can't fire him for no cause since the guy has not been arrested. The Powell PD report of the 2015 incident contains no actionable details. The only time he gets arrested for trespassing Urban fires him.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Couple of thoughts:

1. Courtney Smith is not a student or an employee of the University so does Title IX apply?
2. The incidents occurred off campus
3. No arrest for the 2015 incident
4. Zach Smith was fired for violating a protective order while dropping one of his kids
5. Should the court of public opinion be substituted for the legal system

Now I am all for protecting people from domestic violence. But in my long life I have seen a lot of false accusations in domestic disputes as a prelude to or after a divorce/custody. Some will go as far as accuse their spouses of sexual abuse of the children which I think is totally despicable.

Huh? He's been beating on her for years. Shelley is a mandated reporter. Zach is a university employee. How many false accusations have you seen? And so now you don't believe it when you hear it? Are you one of those whack jobs that thinks NFL players need to be convicted to be punished? One of those, eh?

I think you are way off the mark here. Kinda disappointed really.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Now you are playing the what if game? Ok pal. She really did a number on you, didn't she?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I will say this about Meyer’s tenure at UF, everything is compartmentalized. He had assistants watching Gainesville Mugshots daily, but that doesn’t mean he wanted or asked to know. He had stop gaps even at the assistant level. It would not surprise me if they can’t prove he knew. Not that he didn’t, but maybe no proof is there.

And this is more of a perjury trap deal than anything else. What is Urban supposed to do? Call the cops based on hearsay? I despise the man, but this is a public opinion take down at this point.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Huh? He's been beating on her for years. Shelley is a mandated reporter. Zach is a university employee. How many false accusations have you seen? And so now you don't believe it when you hear it? Are you one of those whack jobs that thinks NFL players need to be convicted to be punished? One of those, eh?

I think you are way off the mark here. Kinda disappointed really.
Yes, I want our judicial system to take its course. That's why we have it. Otherwise let's have the trolls on these boards be judge jury and executioner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.