OTHER COLLEGE Games

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So the guy that so many Gator fans wanted (Freeze) coaches just like the guy who so many Gator fans despise……
Well it was almost exactly like the 4th and 17 Mizzou play only longer. You are not defending any man you are defending the end zone. The ball would have had to travel 30 yards+, so you have to be facing the QB with your head on a swivel. NEVER have your back turned. Plenty of time to react and knock a ball down. Make the other team make a play and take it from you.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Auburn received the kickoff after Bama scored, the Bama player almost ripped the KR's helmet off and the refs called no foul. Even Gary Danielson couldn't believe it and he's a Saban sympathizer.

There couldn't have been a more blatant facemask penalty.
I agree that was a missed FM penalty. It should have been offsetting penalties since there was the blocking in the back penalty too. Had the FM been called too, Bama would have had to kick again.

In the end, the missed FM penalty was basically a non-issue because Auburn wound up scoring a TD on that drive.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Seems to be a lot of smoke on Twitter that Fsu may have to play the 3rd stringer tomorrow night. Saying Tate still suffering from a concussion. Wasn’t he sent back in the game after he was taken out?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Seems to be a lot of smoke on Twitter that Fsu may have to play the 3rd stringer tomorrow night. Saying Tate still suffering from a concussion. Wasn’t he sent back in the game after he was taken out?
Yes. He only missed like 3 snaps.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Hearing it was from the targeting play. I don’t have Twitter, but assuming this is true and he’s out, I definitely expect Earnest Graham to start following Jaden Hill. Grossman too.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Watching the SECCG and yes both teams have tremendous talent on defense, but something has to be said for almost never being in the wrong gaps and play recognition. It is still fun to watch good defensive game every now and then.

Also it seems quite obvious now why Damien George is no longer at Bama. He can't stalemate a 250 LB DE and Bama has guys pushing 300+LB DT's around.

Last edited:

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Watching the SECCG and yes both teams have tremendous talent on defense, but something has to be said for almost never being in the wrong gaps and play recognition. It is still fun to watch good defensive play every now and then.

Also it seems quite obvious now why Damien George is no longer at Bama. He can't stalemate a 250 LB DE and Bama has guys pushing 300+LB DT's around.
Watching this game makes me realize even more just how much our recruiting has suffered. We desperately need to start pulling in some elite talent and developing them.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Watching this game makes me realize even more just how much our recruiting has suffered. We desperately need to start spulling in some elite talent and developing them.
Yes, we are far behind on both lines, agility and strength. Can't blame mullenz forever. So are we a couple of seasons out even with great recruiting?

Anyway, go bama. Want to see the dawgs lose.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Also it’s a shame that Fsu will get in if they win tonight. They’re nowhere near the top 4.
I guess the committee cannot weigh SOS appropriately? If it’s close the team behind fsu should get the nod if they played a top 20 schedule.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WINNER !

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Watching the SECCG and yes both teams have tremendous talent on defense, but something has to be said for almost never being in the wrong gaps and play recognition. It is still fun to watch good defensive game every now and then.

If it makes you feel better, before Billy was passed up for a real position on a Saban team, he learned the secret process and is currently in the middle of that process to have us on top

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Just finished watching the ALA/UGA game and the whole time I was thinking...

"I wonder who their nutritionist is?"
Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
In all honesty based on what Bama looked like the first 4 or so weeks of the season this is one of Satan's best coaching jobs. O-line was a mess, does not have the DT's or LB's that they are accustomed too and let's be honest that shot put throwing QB is not a great passer. But they pieced it together and with a little luck last week. But today they played very solidly. But both teams are just littered with players especially on D. And I am convinced that talent is just part of it. When well coached you can play fast and without wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator