Founding Member
Today's headlines from the front page of www.floridagators.com:

Softball ranked #1

Baseball ranked #1

Former Gator track stars

Gymnastics ranked #2

Men's Tennis ranked #24

Women's Tennis ranked #13

no headlines from Women's #1 Lacrosse hosting Maryland #2, but it seems we got waxed 14-4.

Unless I'm mis-reading this, the ranking was reversed. The Gators were ranked #2 and it was close at halftime, 4-2 Terps.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Baseball beat FAU 2-1 Tuesday nite.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Softball took two from LSU. Both 3-0 and second game went to nine innings.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ruh roh! The baseball team is down 7-1 and Puk was run-oft. I'm sure this because Foley is cheap, the facilities are lacking, and Sully is an incompetent recruiter. They should both be shot immediately.

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ruh roh! The baseball team is down 7-1 and Puk was run-oft. I'm sure this because Foley is cheap, the facilities are lacking, and Sully is an incompetent recruiter. They should both be shot immediately.
Sully's a phenomenal recruiter, he just chokes in Nebraska and wastes away all the talent he gets.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sully's a phenomenal recruiter, he just chokes in Nebraska and wastes away all the talent he gets.
Winning the tourney in Ohama is not a factor of coaching only. There is so much luck involved in winning a double elimination tournament with 8 great teams. If you get there enough times you'll win it. There is a reason that there are 162 games and best of 7 in the playoffs in the MLB. Any team can lose on any given day in baseball. It's not like a team has realistic chance of being undefeated like football, or even basketball for that matter.

He lost a second game this year, he should be shot right away.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Lady Gymnasts had a rough first rotation. Lowest score of the year on Uneven bars 49.125 Looks like they are competing in a cheap high school gym at Minnesota.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I haven't followed baseball closely, but I've heard others talk about the f$u coach never winning the CWS, but he's a respected coach with a solid career. The commentators mention he is revered within the profession. Sully hasn't been coaching for nearly as long as that old fart, yet you think he should have some CWS hardware already. Maybe it's a steeper hill to climb than you realize.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Despite having their second worst outing, lady gymnasts win regional. Head to Dallas to try the four pest now!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
just tuned in ... Nova is shooting 72% from the field.?? winning by 40+
71.4% - that is outrageous! They only shot the ball 49 times, 11 less than OK, and won by 44. 61% from 3-pt land.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Lady Gymnasts had a rough first rotation. Lowest score of the year on Uneven bars 49.125 Looks like they are competing in a cheap high school gym at Minnesota.

I made the 2.5 hour road trip north and took my girls. It was my first live Gator sporting event in 5 years. Bridget Sloan was great and took a picture with my daughters. After my wife did that Sloan got slammed for pictures. I talked a bit with some of the Gators after and told them to bring home #4. They said we got it!

The arena WAS terrible. It must have been 90 degrees in there. My wife said, wow this is small...held about 5000 people. The judges scored bars low for every team and low for most events. UF didn't score well at all...didn't even crack 197 points which they normally do, but they still clobbered the other teams.

I was really pleased with the number of Gator fans there. We're everywhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator