Other UF Sports

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Softball lost their first series this year to Bama in Gainesville (ouch). A total of 11 runs were scored over the 3 games.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Gymnastics finished 4th. They didn't necessarily have a bad meet, but Oklahoma, LSU, and Bama were just a little better. The spread between Oklahoma (the winner) and UF was 0.325, which is very close. Bridget Sloan was stellar all weekend and took the all around trophy. She capped a remarkable career.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
First meet we were able to watch on TV. Sucks they didn't 4-peat, but they were definitely giving it their best. The others just did better that night. Respect their effortson a great season.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gymnastics finished 4th. They didn't necessarily have a bad meet, but Oklahoma, LSU, and Bama were just a little better. The spread between Oklahoma (the winner) and UF was 0.325, which is very close. Bridget Sloan was stellar all weekend and took the all around trophy. She capped a remarkable career.
Glad to hear Bridget took home the all around trophy. She deserved it. She is so much fun to watch perform. Especially when she sticks a landing or just has an awesome performance. She does this little fist pump wiggle movement that makes me laugh with joy every time I see one of her events.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Glad to hear Bridget took home the all around trophy. She deserved it. She is so much fun to watch perform. Especially when she sticks a landing or just has an awesome performance. She does this little fist pump wiggle movement that makes me laugh with joy every time I see one of her events.

... don't forget her "legal" Gator Chomp.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
From what I heard it is just back spasms and he will be G2G for his next start.
The Gators rank high in many sports. But they still play only about half the sports that Stanford does which is frustrating. The Gators do well in many sports and are the leaders of the SEC but they need to win more NCAA titles and men's sports needs to pick it up like the women have the past several years.

Congrats to gymnastics on another fine year. 3 NCAA titles in a row was amazing. It was a dynasty of sorts but now it's over. For a year anyway. The coaching change had ti hurt a little as well.

Go Gators finish this school year strong!

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In my estimation LSU should have won the meet and OU got favorable judging. OU's scores in the Vault were real high considering a few of their landings. After throwing the worst vault they were still too high.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
I couldn't believe what I saw yesterday on BSPN2. Nebraska / Stephen F. Austin bowling for an NCAA title. Ridiculous. What's next ping pong?

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
In my estimation LSU should have won the meet and OU got favorable judging. OU's scores in the Vault were real high considering a few of their landings. After throwing the worst vault they were still too high.
I agree but OU tied UF for the NCAA title last year so they were given favorable scoring of some sorts. Not fair. It was close.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree but OU tied UF for the NCAA title last year so they were given favorable scoring of some sorts. Not fair. It was close.
Actually it was two years ago, Gators won it outright last year. I believe Utah was second but don't remember for sure.

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Many teams get favorable judging in gymnastics. For the longest time it was Georgia and Utah. UF even got a bit the last few years. Losing Hunter last year for sure hurt this year more than anything. We still have a very talented team coming back next year.

And Sloan's last gymnastics routine was the bars where she received the following scores 9.90, 9.95, 9.95, 9.95, 9.90, 10.0. Talk about going out with a splash. I hope she sticks around as a grad assistant or coach in some aspect.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saw that the softball team had a triple play against ULL. It made the front page on BSPN.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
First one that I have ever seen in organized softball.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Gators rank high in many sports. But they still play only about half the sports that Stanford does which is frustrating. The Gators do well in many sports and are the leaders of the SEC but they need to win more NCAA titles and men's sports needs to pick it up like the women have the past several years.

Congrats to gymnastics on another fine year. 3 NCAA titles in a row was amazing. It was a dynasty of sorts but now it's over. For a year anyway. The coaching change had ti hurt a little as well.

Go Gators finish this school year strong!
I don't think any school in college sports plays as many sports as Stanford does. So they're always going to be near the top or win the overall championship.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Oh...and all you guys who don't follow the "other sports"... this is what you did!
I hope you're proud of yourselves:

tumblr_inline_n0dwjth2ho1ryknly.png

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Softball just run-ruled the cowbells 16-0 no-hitter

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online