Our Defense

theoriginalmadgator

Aug 16, 2019
Considering how well Wilson played as a true freshman (and before his injury), I think this statement is premature. He definitely needs to play better, though.

The fact that you think Hammond plays CB makes me think you’re drunk posting... on Monday morning... Get help.

Henderson which I'm sure you understood.....doing 4 things at once on a Monday.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We tackled like SHYT...Basic stuff...NO EXCUSE

DUMB... DUMB...DUMP...FLAGS

That said...

U was HOLDING all game
We had guys suspended
We were sacking all night

AND these REFS were SAD

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
We tackled like SHYT...Basic stuff...NO EXCUSE

DUMB... DUMB...DUMP...FLAGS

That said...

U was HOLDING all game
We had guys suspended
We were sacking all night

AND these REFS were SAD

The refs were horrible. But, they missed obvious calls and made horrible calls for both teams. They just equally sucked for both of us. Not sure your point because it had nothing to do with the game outcome nor change the fact that both the teams on that field sucked.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
The refs were horrible. But, they missed obvious calls and made horrible calls for both teams. They just equally sucked for both of us. Not sure your point because it had nothing to do with the game outcome nor change the fact that both the teams on that field sucked.

Because you don't get it. I hate bad officiating...it hurts the game.

I complain more about SEC and the Saints because I watch them...not so much Saints.

Sure it effects BOTH sides but it still sux.

Slop is Slop...players, coaches and especially refs its ugly.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of good observations. I'll add a concern about the LBs. On some of the long runs where the UM backs got loose in the secondary, it was noticeable that the backs charged straight into the second and then to the third level unimpeded. Makes me feel like the LBs got sealed pretty easily. I don't know that we blitzed ourselves into these situations as much as we didn't read and react (scrape) as quickly as needed. But this issue, if I'm seeing what I think, isn't new.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
A lot of good observations. I'll add a concern about the LBs. On some of the long runs where the UM backs got loose in the secondary, it was noticeable that the backs charged straight into the second and then to the third level unimpeded. Makes me feel like the LBs got sealed pretty easily. I don't know that we blitzed ourselves into these situations as much as we didn't read and react (scrape) as quickly as needed. But this issue, if I'm seeing what I think, isn't new.

I feel like most of the big plays we give up this year are going to be on the ground or coming off screens and slants. And with no good hard hitting safety to come up a plug the leak at the third level it’s looking very likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator