Our next coach will be Mike Shanahan

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
t-gator;n109223 said:
I just hope the next guy's capable of driving the hearst home from the cemetery

Yeah looks like Will got buried six foot under.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
New thread? You could have just typed that into any of the threads about prospective coaches...:thumbdown:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n109253 said:
New thread? You could have just typed that into any of the threads about prospective coaches...:thumbdown:

I have not seen a 'hearst' in any other thread. That's some funny schist there man. :lmao:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They did a story on Shanahan on MNF football last night. Stated he would not be going back to college per sources. He's hanging around for another NFL job.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n109170 said:
Old, washed up, retired NFL coach who hasn't been in the college ranks for 30 years. What could possibly be bad about that choice?

Agreed!!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n109170 said:
Old, washed up, retired NFL coach who hasn't been in the college ranks for 30 years. What could possibly be bad about that choice?
The good news is he is well versed in running a boring azz out of date offense so the transition will be easier for our players.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Not going to be Shanahan, nothing in Foley's past would indicate interest in him.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Gatorious;n109219 said:
headshot_2_fb_mark_hudspeth_wDSC_1228.jpg

Does Foley roll the dice again or go with a proven commodity as big 5 conference coach? After rolling the dice on Zook and Muschamp, I'd be surprised if he took another gamble, but wouldn't be totally shocked if Hudspeth happened. Foley seems to like taking risks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n109361 said:
Not going to be Shanahan, nothing in Foley's past would indicate interest in him.
You mean even though he flew out to Denver in 2002 to try and hire him after Spurrier left? :crazy:

I don't expect Shanahan to be hired, but there are Gator ties there. Don't you remember Shanahan being at Gators practice just a few months ago?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Former Florida offensive coordinator Mike Shanahan (1980-83), better known as the two-time Super Bowl-winning head coach of the Denver Broncos was on campus Monday wearing a Gators T-shirt and meeting with players. OnlyGators.com inquired with UF as to why Shanahan was on campus and around the team facility, though no answer has been provided as of press time. The following picture of a very-sweaty Shanahan was shared on Instagram by redshirt senior long snapper Drew Ferris.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
MidwestChomp;n109384 said:
Does Foley roll the dice again or go with a proven commodity as big 5 conference coach? After rolling the dice on Zook and Muschamp, I'd be surprised if he took another gamble, but wouldn't be totally shocked if Hudspeth happened. Foley seems to like taking risks.

Those guys were gambles because they'd never been head coaches. Hudspeth would be much more similar to Meyer in that he's a successful HC, just at a smaller school. He's not a Stoops type of secure hire. But I wouldn't put him the category of RZ and WM.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n109520 said:
You mean even though he flew out to Denver in 2002 to try and hire him after Spurrier left? :crazy:

I don't expect Shanahan to be hired, but there are Gator ties there. Don't you remember Shanahan being at Gators practice just a few months ago?

Plus the jacket. Don't forget the jacket.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator