Our Scout team is going to give our Defense a helluva workout from now on.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bonod.gif

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thank god WillyG has a fast release, because the walkons that man our scout team only give him 2 seconds to get rid of the ball. We barely have enough linemen for our 1st team reps, second uses some walkons, scout team, HA,

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Grier's suspension is upheld, then what's the sense in letting Grier practice when we need to develop a backup
needing the maximum # of snaps ?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
When I heard about the suspension, my first thought was can he practice. The NFL bans you completely. At least he can practice. That is huge.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
rogdochar;n297293 said:
If Grier's suspension is upheld, then what's the sense in letting Grier practice when we need to develop a backup
needing the maximum # of snaps ?

"Practice" would be him repping as the Scout Team QB.

Harris would get the ones.

Grady the twos.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n297294 said:
When I heard about the suspension, my first thought was can he practice. The NFL bans you completely. At least he can practice. That is huge.

Yes, it will bode well for our future & the future of our Gator (NFL) QB if he "grows" even better. Since he's not playing, are
there NCAA practice restrictions he can ignore?-- to Grier's advantage. Are their any redshirt receivers that WG can
practice with on his own? Grier will truly make a tough "mimic-QB" vs our pass defense all the while improving our DBs.

The sooner GC starts posting positive POVs about this Grier incident the better ya'll will help
with my recovery. :gah:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is allowed on the sidelines at home games, but not allowed to travel with the team to away games.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Practice time with the receivers was the first thing that came to my mind. Obviously TH is getting real practices with the ones going forward, but the rest of the guys (twos, threes, redshirts, etc) can get a LOT of reps with WG. I also was considering 'on their own time' reps if he's now freed up to do that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All those reps are a big deal. Remember that Grier was playing well but he really wasn't connecting with the receivers on many of those timing passes. Remember Grier hitting a few guys in the back or in the earhole?

Treon hasn't had many reps since ECU, when he was basically perfect IIRC. He too will advance given those reps the way Will did.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n297142 said:
Thank god WillyG has a fast release, because the walkons that man our scout team only give him 2 seconds to get rid of the ball. We barely have enough linemen for our 1st team reps, second uses some walkons, scout team, HA,
You do realize we have like 15 linemen on scholarship don't ya? Granted 7 of em are freshman but its better than a 250lb walk on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator