Pineiro one and done?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Time will tell!

He's never kicked in a real game and talk about moving to the next level..... :doh:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Has there ever been a kicker or punter who left early for the NFL? Ever?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Aguayo was one of the best I've ever seen although a Semenhole and he only left one year early.....let him perfect his craft in game situations before running off at the mouth about hypothetical situations....Staples is a twat.

FatCatG8r

Aug 10, 2014
Ummm, kickers are, at best, 3rd round picks, but more likely 6th or 7th. Don't really think one year of college kicking is gonna give him any kind of draftable status.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think he already said that he wants to stay through his elgibility.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't think so.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Always someone out there who likes to rain on a parade. This article is nothing more than baseless speculation.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Aguayo was one of the best I've ever seen although a Semenhole and he only left one year early.....let him perfect his craft in game situations before running off at the mouth about hypothetical situations....Staples is a twat.

Yeah. Sebastian Raperkowski.

Aguayo is the first kicker in 16 years to forgo his senior year. That kicker 16 years ago was Sebastian "drops ghb" Kowski. Both were extremely rare leg talents, and had 3 years of college experience at the D1 level. Pineiro will need at least two years of experience before moving up even with special leg talent.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I read the article. Huge waste of time.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
You should have told us it was Andy Staples making the speculation before you made us click the link.
I actually heard this from a couple of other sources as well. There are a lot of "IFs" involved for him to declare for the NFL next year. The kid still hasn't kicked his first FG and he is talking about going to the NFL......well then I am more than two years removed from HS so screw it I guess I too will declare for the draft. I am strong and fast for an old guy, so why not.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only way he'd garner enough interest from NFL teams to be worth while to be a one and done is if he is quite simply a can't miss from any distance kicker. He's already shown he can miss, so we'll see how much he improves that.
He'd have to kick a lot of FGs and make damn near everyone of them, especially at distance, for it to even be a real consideration.
While it's possible, at this point, it's highly unlikely, and certainly not worth an article.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The kid still hasn't kicked his first FG and he is talking about going to the NFL..
To be clear, nowhere in this article does Piniero himself mention the NFL. I haven't seen anywhere that he has mentioned it. I'm pretty sure he already said he wants to play through his college years. This article says that it's an option and his trainer thinks he's good enough. It's not really a story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator