Pitino Suspended - possibly fired by end of day

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have sports radio on in my office (in Washington DC) and it's been running all morning.

I haven't read any details, but WTF is going on??

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
You gotta specify in the title they weren't UF coaches. Gave me a near heart attack.

Oh and these guys are screwed.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Everything related to all Louisville athletics is dripping in slime.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tony Bland at USC and arrested in Tampa, FL.

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? :scratchchin:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
From reports on twitter this is just the opening salvo to be able to officially file charges...

Tip of the iceberg and I wont be surprised when it blows up the rampant cheating in college basketball

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Good to see that all crime involving federal statutes including terrorism etc have been solved so that the FBI can spend scarce resources on who shoe companies give money to and whether it violates some statute.

Exactly. The FBI should only be covering laws dealing with terrorism. It would free me up to start my racketeering and money laundering scheme I have wanted pursue for so long.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Tony Bland at USC and arrested in Tampa, FL.

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? :scratchchin:

11710465-large.jpg

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I saw "corruption" and thought point shaving. It has nothing to do with the integrity of the game which is good. I am sure this goes on a lot in basketball though.

SMH

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. Chuck Person was a monster forward at Auburn back in my day, playing alongside Charles Barkley. Those guys were virtually undefendable. He went on to have a very good NBA career. Amazing that he had to stoop this low.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Exactly. The FBI should only be covering laws dealing with terrorism. It would free me up to start my racketeering and money laundering scheme I have wanted pursue for so long.

Sorry, I should have known better to use an abreviation, etc, for a Latin phrase et cetera, which means and so forth.

That said, I am not particularly pleased with the idea of the government having an interest in how someone has cash. If they have committed a crime, find the crime and prove that they have committed said crime.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This may be a real hot take but this could be the beginning of the end of College Basketball as we know it. If Im Adidas or Nike or UnderArmor, I would encourage the NBA to really ramp up pay etc for the "D-league" and move to a minor league baseball system. Imagine the NCAA and CBS power and money will try to stop this, but these kids are caught in the middle and will start saying screw it, "Ill go get a shoe deal and show my talents at D-league"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.