• Inmates are running the asylum eating ham sammiches

Results are only viewable after voting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zook would have only had Mac's teams for one year. He sure as hell wouldn't be signing 2 star crap.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Zook was an 8 win guy with a helluva lot more talent and far better situation. Chump would easily lose 5 games with this team. And that is not intended to be a knock on the team; it's just that he didn't know how to manage a team and put them in a position to win.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
8 wins would be 9 wins with today's extra geographical school schedule. Hell, we had pumpers then saying we couldn't fire him with only 5 losses. Probably the same people who thought we should keep Chimp with "only" 5 losses.

:pe:

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Zook would have only had Mac's teams for one year. He sure as hell wouldn't be signing 2 star crap.
Lot easier to recruit following Spurrier years than to recruit following Chump years. But we're digressing. This thread is about the poor judgement of Dubs, t-gator and an as of yet unidentified third assailant.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
- 22-year bowl streak dating back to 1991 season.
- First non-probation Gator team to miss a bowl game since 1979, when Florida went 0-10-1.
- First 7-game losing streak (most likely 8 after next week) since 1979.
- First losing season since 1979.
- First loss to Vandy since 1988.
- First home loss to Vandy since 1945.
- First loss to an FCS team (Ga Southern).
- First home non-conference loss to a team other than Miami or Florida State since 1988 (Memphis State).
- First win over an FBS (Div I-A) school for Ga Southern. They were 0-20 coming into the Florida game.
- Fourth most rushing yards given up in school history (429 yards to Ga Southern).
- Lowest home attendance since most recent stadium expansion in 2003 (Ga Southern - 82,459).
- Lowest home attendance since at least 2000 (don't know pre-2000 attendance numbers).
- First loss to an opponent that completed 0 passes (Ga Southern).
- First Florida coach to have a losing record in conference since 1986 (3-5 in 2011 and 2013).
- First three-game losing streak to conference rival Georgia since Galen Hall was head football coach in 1989.

If memory serves me correctly, I don't think they even completed a pass in the game.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
- 22-year bowl streak dating back to 1991 season.
- First non-probation Gator team to miss a bowl game since 1979, when Florida went 0-10-1.
- First 7-game losing streak (most likely 8 after next week) since 1979.
- First losing season since 1979.
- First loss to Vandy since 1988.
- First home loss to Vandy since 1945.
- First loss to an FCS team (Ga Southern).
- First home non-conference loss to a team other than Miami or Florida State since 1988 (Memphis State).
- First win over an FBS (Div I-A) school for Ga Southern. They were 0-20 coming into the Florida game.
- Fourth most rushing yards given up in school history (429 yards to Ga Southern).
- Lowest home attendance since most recent stadium expansion in 2003 (Ga Southern - 82,459).
- Lowest home attendance since at least 2000 (don't know pre-2000 attendance numbers).
- First loss to an opponent that completed 0 passes (Ga Southern).
- First Florida coach to have a losing record in conference since 1986 (3-5 in 2011 and 2013).
- First three-game losing streak to conference rival Georgia since Galen Hall was head football coach in 1989.

Lets take this one step further. If Dubs wants to compile a similar list of Macs greatest failures, lets see if any of them can dent a "top ten worst" from above.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dub obviously wrong

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Mac has an opportunity to win the SEC east in both of his years.
With all due respect, that doesn't mean anything.
SOS would disagree..............that was first and foremost his goal each year.............Getting to Atlanta is always important...............

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
From 1990 to today, Florida has had 5 head coaches. Muschamp has as many losses to Georgia as the other four combined. He used up his allotted loss in year one.
Treebeard,
I agree with you 100%. All I was saying is that the ONLY thing Muschimp has going for him is that he has NEVER lost to bUTtchug as a HC. Trust me, I think we got the right coach with Mac, and I think he can bring us a NC. I know a lot on here don't believe that, but that's fine they can eat crow when that happens.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
With all due respect, that doesn't mean anything.

Zook would win this SEC East. Hell, Pinkel was dominating.

... yeah but, Mac could win any East with a better better Gator team.?? Is it Mac's blame that this whole
East is down in these rebuilding doldrums ? Gators are rebuilding from that Messedchomp debacle.
No other team has had to purge themselves from years of Chumpster Fire.

... and while navigating this "Chumpmuda Triangle" Mac is holding the course to take us to Atlanta two
years in a row.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I actually had more fun during the 0-10-1 season than watching just about any of Chump's coached season's...

Disclaimer: Student, #1 Party School era, pulling down a lot of dolphin shorts, go bananas, over the top, etc

None the less, the team looked better even in losing to me and the crowd enthusiasm was still lights out heading out, just saying
Same here, all the way . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator