Poll: Recruiting Expectations

TLB's thread got me thinking and wondering. What are your expectations for how the UF class should

• top 50 class.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • top 25 class.

• top 15 class.

• top 10 class.

• top 5 class.

• ham sammich. Recruiting rankings have no correlation to future performance.

• Total voters

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB's thread got me thinking and wondering. What are your expectations for how the UF class should rank? This issue could be looked at with a frame of reference of "in any given year" or "this year." I think with the situation presently, most of us can't realistically imagine things getting much worse in terms of wins & losses and offensive performance, so perhaps this is the best time to ask it in reference to "any given year."

In any given year (including years like this year or last when we haven't displayed a winning product on the field), what are your expectations for recruiting?

Even in the worst years we should never drop below a ...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Top 10 should be the expectation, but even with that you have to fill your needs first and foremost. That's something we failed to do under the previous regime.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I voted top 15 class but would have put top 10 if it was for the 2nd class of a new Gator head coach because that is when the new coach historically gets those big classes coming in. As far as last season that was kind of expected with the hole Muschamp put us in with so few recruits really committed at that point.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's no reason we should not have a top-five class. Period.

Top 15? Some of you've gotten lulled to sleep with Muschamp.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n260015 said:
There's no reason we should not have a top-five class. Period.

Top 15? Some of you've gotten lulled to sleep with Muschamp.

I was answering considering he said last season also. I would say top 10 and near top 5 in average star ranking if the question was what are classes should be in general.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I said 15 based on where we are today = no on field JMac team to show recruits. If it goes as well as I hope, we would easily be a top 10, and likely a top 5 ranking for 2016 recruits. If things go badly this year, I see us staying top 15-20. Ask me again after this season.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I said top 25 because it said "even in the worst years." The expectation for this class and beyond is at least top 10, but it's not unreasonable for us to want top 5 classes every year. We'll be more than fine if we're in the top 10 every year with a top 5 class every now and then.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I voted top 25 because that's just where we are now thanks to the last HC that tried to run our program into the ground. Give JMac a year or two to put a more respectable offense on the field and THEN we should climb our way back to where UF belongs. Top 5-10 yearly, with 15 being a bad year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.