POLL: Who will start at Quarterback next week?

Curious to see whether or not Gator nation is divided as regards who will be our starting quarterbac

• Grier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harris

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Treon will start. It is the start of SEC play, on the road, against a team feeling cocky after beat SC. Grier has the arm to be a top notch QB, but as we saw in the game last night, still fairly raw. Keep giving him reps but Treon has what it takes to win, and we just need to win.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n277797 said:
So Grier made a few poor decisions that didn't materially affect the game at all and Claw thinks that shows he played horribly?

:doh:

Contrary to your opinion, woefully underthrowing the open receiver for what could have been a touchdown does materially affect the game.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Most fans want Grier. Grier does have the better arm. Florida fans have a penchant for a pure drop-back passer because it recalls the fun-n-gun times of Spurrier. But don't count Treon Harris out just yet. Yes, Grier can run, but he is not a running quarterback. He does not run designed running plays. He takes off running when he can't find a receiver open, and he has had good success with that a few times. Treon Harris can run designed running plays, and he can extend plays. I worry about Grier and how he will do facing a pass rush from SEC type defensive lineman and given the speed of SEC defensive lines.

I like both of them. Coach is going to have to hand the reigns to one and go with him. He can't keep going back and forth putting in whoever seems to have the hot hand at the moment however tempting that might be. Kentucky on the road will help to define this quarterback battle more clearly, I hope. By the way, I think we play "up" for Kentucky this time. Which is unusual, but it is what it is given the current state of Gator football.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n277875 said:
Yes, Grier can run, but he is not a running quarterback. He does not run designed running plays.

Which QB has scored a running TD on a designed read option? I'll hang up and listen.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Treon needs the nod next week. With our OL's inexperience, we need someone who can allude a blitz and still make big plays. Treon also doesn't put the ball in harms way very often. I'll trust whatever Mac does though.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I am willing to grow with Grier and let him make mistakes. Yes, even if it costs us the UK game. He needs game experience and the only way to get that is to play. Think long term.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think the platooning and evaluation period is over. Grier starts and plays unless/until he has to be pulled for poor play. Treon maybe has a package to come in as a change of pace but not for an extended time. No more than a series.

At least that's what I'd do.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Treon gets the start and the competition continues. Someone needs to earn the job and so far neither has performed well enough. Now Grier could have taken the job but he made so many mistakes he allowed Treon back in. He then performed decently continuing the competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.