POLL: Would you approve of Ron Zook as Special Teams coach?

Would you approve of Ron Zook as ST coach?

• Yes

Votes: 79 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 27.5%

• Total voters

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The poll results are fascinating.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Are you saying you want Zookers sweet nectar?

:snicker:
200.gif

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Fun to say, but I can't see a former HC returning to be STCo. There would be friction at some point and resulting distraction.
Mike Riley is an assistant coach for Oregon State now. So it has happened and happened recently.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Again, he's been a ST coach for the Packers for four years now. If he sucked, I can only assume they would have fired him by now.
Have you seen how long they've employed Dom Capers with his awful ****ing defenses? Or how long they'll let Ted Thompson squander 2 hall of fame qb by being a tight ass? Not a good example...

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Zook'em! I would have no problem with the Zooker coming back as ST coach. He would big a huge improvement over what we have had here the past few years.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Former HC reporting to current HC, you really don't see that. Hell, SOS had friction with Mac and he wasn't even on staff

Probably half of the coaching staffs in college football have former head coaches included. Butters is on Saban's staff right now.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
He liked to do that swinging gate on XPs when he was here that was pointless and a waste of time. Nah

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I doubt that it is even possible. If he desired to do the job and would be great at it of course I would be happy. Every Gator would be happy to have the best coach in every position, or at least they should be happy. I don't think an NFL salary is less than our assistants make. The weather here is better.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
You know crazy as it sounds, if he can coach ST worth a damn.

1. Send him out recruiting.
2. Don't let him anywhere near a microphone.

If as Donkey says he can't coach special teams, forget it.

So I have to go with ham san'wich, which doesn't exist.

Liked for the ham sammich reference. Some things are sacred.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I selected yes as “Maybe” wasn’t a choice. I can’t say I’m up to speed on how the Packers ST is this year. I’d prefer Zook come back as Asst. HC and Recruiting Coordinator but if he needs to be ST Coach, so be it. I think he’d be an asset on the staff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Have you seen how long they've employed Dom Capers with his awful ****ing defenses? Or how long they'll let Ted Thompson squander 2 hall of fame qb by being a tight ass? Not a good example...
yeah I didn't even bother debating that but there's a hell of a lot of terrible coaches who maintain employment in the NFL. they seem to just rotate seats.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
yeah I didn't even bother debating that but there's a hell of a lot of terrible coaches who maintain employment in the NFL. they seem to just rotate seats.
Ted Thompson isn't a coach.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I ran it by my nephew. He's a huge GB fan. Authors a blog for a Packers rag. Pisses me off. He was born in Chicago. My sister moved to Milwaukee.

Replied MEH when I asked about Zook on ST.

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
I don’t get the Zook love on ST....
I get his energy and charisma .... the dude is a walking, talking 5 Hour energy drink crossed with an espresso.
I guess he could recruit with his nfl and UF history, but I just don’t see him connecting with kids today.

I have a HS son who is a freshman at Ft Myers HS. He played JV this year and will likely be on varsity next year. He thinks anyone with gray hair is a fossil .... meaning there’s not a connection. What I think about Zook means nothing to him. But then I have to threaten death to get him to clean his room or do his chores.

I think our ST were exemplary under Urban. We blocked and returned kicks regularly. We could use an aggressive face coaching these groups so the we put the best athletes on these groups to get the results that can often be the difference in games.

I’m not an UM nut swinger completely but the ST under his tenure was so good it was almost expected every game

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator