Postgame Presser, in which Mullen declines to explain why AR's not starting because "it'll bore you"

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
After saying that AR does special things but doesn't always do the right thing, Cousin Eddie was asked what it is that AR's not doing right. His answer, word for immortal word:

"I mean, I could, I'm not...it'll bore you. It'll...it'll bore you, actually though. But I mean, we're pretty lucky, we have two quarterbacks that are pretty talented guys, can make plays happen out there on the field. But there's a lot of things, you gotta read. There's a lot that the quarterback has to do, a lot of different reads that are out there on the field. Does that make sense?"

No.

Here's the whole postgame presser...for you to poop on:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I'm bored of continuing to go on about Mullen. We know who and how he is...rinse, repeat., Until he says something new...does something new...achieves different results...it's all boring.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yes we have one qb who can tell you what the playbook says to do and still looks like **** and we have one who might not be able to tell you what the playbook says for yellow dolphin baby rub titty grass but can still score a td cause he sees the field differently.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Look, I'm bored of continuing to go on about Mullen. We know who and how he is...rinse, repeat., Until he says something new...does something new...achieves different results...it's all boring.
Okay, what would you like to discuss?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There is one answer he gave that is telling. When asked about who is starting QB, he asked back “Why don’t you ever ask who is the starting Running Back?”

And there it is.

In Dypshyt Dan’s mind, QB is a position you platoon like any other position, apparently. Who cares who the starter is, everyone plays some.

:facepalm:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ok when I mock you incessantly, claim you have no feel for the game, constantly point out that a record breaking QB was left on the bench this last go around as well, call out your DC as a career loser who’s never winning anything with his style and who also turns out to still be an anti-Gator complete pos, I hope you understand there’s a lot that goes into that as well and that that too makes sense.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Yes we have one qb who can tell you what the playbook says to do and still looks like **** and we have one who might not be able to tell you what the playbook says for yellow dolphin baby rub titty grass but can still score a td cause he sees the field differently.
Ahhh, the old rub titty grass, Sexy Rexy loved that one.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ok when I mock you incessantly, claim you have no feel for the game, constantly point out that a record breaking QB was left on the bench this last go around as well, call out your DC as a career loser who’s never winning anything with his style and who also turns out to still be an anti-Gator complete pos, I hope you understand there’s a lot that goes into that as well and that that too makes sense.

But will it bore me? Because I don’t want to be bored.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
But will it bore me? Because I don’t want to be bored.

I’ve never been fired in my whole life. But I imagine that, or the aftermath, is a bit boring as well. He’ll be there soon enough.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
There is one answer he gave that is telling. When asked about who is starting QB, he asked back “Why don’t you ever ask who is the starting Running Back?”

And there it is.

In Dypshyt Dan’s mind, QB is a position you platoon like any other position, apparently. Who cares who the starter is, everyone plays some.

lol yes I commented in the other thread how smug and proud he was of making that "point." He thought he stumped the reporters with that, but they were just sitting there dumbfounded by the absurdity of it.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't see getting all upset about these two pre-season games. The season starts next week, and even at that, everyone knows it's probably penciled in as a loss, plus it's in the West. Middle or 2/3 thru the season is where it gets real for Mullen and the staff, he's just skating right now. He doesn't have to say or answer schit.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I just don't see getting all upset about these two pre-season games. The season starts next week, and even at that, everyone knows it's probably penciled in as a loss, plus it's in the West. Middle or 2/3 thru the season is where it gets real for Mullen and the staff, he's just skating right now. He doesn't have to say or answer schit.

Year 4, having not won anything as of yet, with a once in a generation talent at your disposal, maybe for a second year in a row, you don’t just skate.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Year 4, having not won anything as of yet, with a once in a generation talent at your disposal, maybe for a second year in a row, you don’t just skate.
And that's why we and everyone with eyes are frustrated. Incredulous,...I mean those guys get paid a ton of money to strategize and make decisions, we're just armchair, but it seems to make no sense. I can't go round and round about it. Not again.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Would agree with your logic if Cousin Eddie's history showed his teams excel when the conference season starts and improve for the most part as the season progresses. Unfortunately it is almost the opposite. Fits and starts and the team almost always looks the same, unprepared, disjointed, etc. I wish next week was the only "penciled in L" for the season. Me thinks we will have to sharpen those pencils!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

And there it is.

And the reporter should have responded with
“I didn’t really notice which running back was in because there isn’t one running back playing significantly better than the others.” “Coach did you not notice that one qb played much better than the other?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator