Postgame Presser, in which Mullen declines to explain why AR's not starting because "it'll bore you"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A smidgeon of it. Dan Mullen is wetting his pants over trying to figure out how to get this kid on the field without having to admit it.
He really isnt.

He is doing everything possible to keep him off the field bc the more senior players gets the snaps, period.

as always

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im going to try and keep this short but hear me out. Disclaimer I think EJ is not a good QB and AR is the future. But I'm really trying to understand Dan Mullens logic.

1st Dan Mullen isn't an idiot, he appears pretty savvy and is a good coach (not great, may never be). He will never win a title but is a contender. Muschamp was an idiot.

2nd Mullen coached under Urbs and think about this, while Urbs was winning titles, Aaron H was murdering ppl and Percy Harvin was fighting coaches. Oh and everyone was high.

Maybe Mullen saw that when you just put in star players very quickly, its easy to lose control?

On the flip side, you can't lose games just to teach the guys a lesson on being a good person. Mullen makes big $$ to walk that line.

Anyways Im just trying to realistically figure out what the heck is going on besides " Mullenz is stoopid!" Though I instinctually feel that way!
this is borderline insane. some pretty aggressive excuse making.

I have trouble imagining that some people actually added a like to this post but it's the usual suspects.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
AR is already a redshirt freshman. We have limited time we can play him before he goes to the NFL, and I have no question even now he'll be leaving early and getting drafted. If Mullen throws this kid away in this narrow window he should be tarred and feathered and paraded down University Avenue while we throw tomatoes.

If I'm AR, if I get jerked around all season I transfer without hesitation.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Im going to try and keep this short but hear me out. Disclaimer I think EJ is not a good QB and AR is the future. But I'm really trying to understand Dan Mullens logic.

1st Dan Mullen isn't an idiot, he appears pretty savvy and is a good coach (not great, may never be). He will never win a title but is a contender. Muschamp was an idiot.

2nd Mullen coached under Urbs and think about this, while Urbs was winning titles, Aaron H was murdering ppl and Percy Harvin was fighting coaches. Oh and everyone was high.

Maybe Mullen saw that when you just put in star players very quickly, its easy to lose control?

On the flip side, you can't lose games just to teach the guys a lesson on being a good person. Mullen makes big $$ to walk that line.

Anyways Im just trying to realistically figure out what the heck is going on besides " Mullenz is stoopid!" Though I instinctually feel that way!

You lost me right there. Cousin Eddie SUX! And it has nothing to do with his newest BS fiasco.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
AR is already a redshirt freshman. We have limited time we can play him before he goes to the NFL, and I have no question even now he'll be leaving early and getting drafted. If Mullen throws this kid away in this narrow window he should be tarred and feathered and paraded down University Avenue while we throw tomatoes.

Hell, even the commentator said he'd be pissed if he was Anthony Richardson

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think EJ has been Mullens highest recruited QB, and the first one on his recruiting class. Mullen has personally promised that "if you stay three years in the system, wait for your turn, you will do great!". He cannot accept what a terrible failure his 3 year project has been.

WTF are you ranting about? Are you seriously implying that if we put great Freshmen QBs, they become murderers? I am just trying to translate to English here.

You know he’s not saying that…

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Mullen likes to make it about "that fans" and how we just don't have the football knowledge... Except it's not just "the fans..." It's former coaches, commentators, former players, opposing coaches, and current players (there was a tweet or two already deleted by current players that basically hinted it should be AR).

It's literally everybody BUT Dan Mullen. The fact that is THIS obvious to everyone and the fact that everyone is asking him about it is only going to make him double down, because that's his personality.

He's not a bad coach.... He's just a toxic personality. It's not about winning, it's about "the process" and feeling like he's right. He sucks. It will be his downfall.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@Swamp Donkey So you really believe that he is saying in that post that AR will become a serial killer if he’s allowed to start.

This is the problem with the reading comprehension.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@Swamp Donkey So you really believe that he is saying in that post that AR will become a serial killer if he’s allowed to start.

This is the problem with the reading comprehension.
See, all these insane theories about why Dan Dullen is t really the retard he looks and acts like and alternative theories that he really is just trying to instill discipline are hilarious. Much like the alternative theory that "he does play freshman/less senior bc Kair Elam".

GRANTHAM plays freshmen. Not Dullen. And if Mullen is just being the world's greatest HC by losing games rather than creating murderers....why does he only do it on offense.

Stupid is stupid, period. You guys have made a decade worth of excuses about how MushChimp, McElstain and Mullinz REALLY arent the fuchstards they appear to be.

Last edited:

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017

I’m going out on a limb and thinking DM is trying to hold his cards close before Alabama. This is for two reasons. One it keeps Bama guessing and two keeps EJ focused.

I think EJ will get a series or two next week to “beat out” AR15. Otherwise AR15 is the horse we ride the rest of the way.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m going out on a limb and thinking DM is trying to hold his cards close before Alabama. This is for two reasons. One it keeps Bama guessing and two keeps EJ focused.

I think EJ will get a series or two next week to “beat out” AR15. Otherwise AR15 is the horse we ride the rest of the way.
oh yeah!!!! we re just saving the real offense and defense!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
See, all these insane theories about why Dan Dullen is t really the retard he looks and acts like and alternative theories that he really is just trying to instill discipline are hilarious. Much like the alternative theory that "he does play freshman/less senior bc Kair Elam".

GRANTHAM plays freshmen. Not Dullen. And if Mullen is just being the world's greatest HC by losing games rather than creating murderers....why does he only do it on offense.

Stupid is stupid, period. You guys have made a decade worth of excuses about how MushChimp, McElstain and Mullinz REALLY arent the fuchstards they appear to be.
I think his post was saying that he just really hopes it’s something else other than the fact that he’s being retarded.

I think we all know the Mullen is a ****ing retard.

I think he was hoping that it was something else. But by the end of his post he even acknowledges that it’s probably just Mullen making another stupid decision.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Bingo. You want the Gator brand to finally be "back" and get some national recognition, this is the guy. Put him out there and play him as much as humanly possible until he leaves for the NFL. NO ROTATING, just like the Tebow years. Your best player is always on the field unless it's scrub time in blowouts.

You might have some high school kids actually noticing UF for a change. It's hard to believe Mullen could actually eff this up.
Tebow rotated his freshman year. AR is a (redshirt) freshman.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I don't think that we have touched on the dumbest thing CDM said. "Both quarterbacks did some good things in the first half; both quarterbacks were so-so in the second half". Somebody show me AR's so-so plays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator