Gator Basketball Powerhouse Utah State too much for Gators to handle, 65-62

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
it will only take 2 more years of this crap coach before he’s finally fired.

If not longer, because he'll find a way to win 20 games most years beating some crap teams before the SEC season starts.

Great attendance today, nobody wants to waste their day watching this crap.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Didn't watch it, zero stress day supporting the wife, at the Las Vegas Bowl. It's a struggle but I'll endure. 679095995.jpeg Image.jpeg

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well I believe that myself along with a few others were on the Mike White sux dog's balls as an offensive basketball coach starting a couple of years ago. And I went to almost every home game the past 2 seasons. So today was my first game live and as you all noted, nothing has changed. I went b/c I thought USU was an okay team and I enjoy watching teams that physically and athletically look like a mediocre YMCA team, but are coached at a level that allows them to compete at a much higher level. Plus I knew there would be only 2 or 3 hundred people there. Here were the simple takeaways.

1. Blackshear should not be allowed to shoot 3's Would much rather have him shooting 10+ free throws than occasionally making a 3. He is not athletic, but strong enough to be a force at the rim.
2. We missed like 60 shots in a row. It happens. But there was nothing about the offense that changed where we actually consistently got good looks at the basket, unlike USU
3. And this one was the biggest takeaway of the day**********. When USU was on offense, there was an incredible amount of noisy, squeaking sneakers, which implies, lots of player movement, planting and sharp cutting. And defensively the sneakers will squeak b/c you are chasing the guys. When UF was on offense, the sound of squeaking sneakers was far less.
4. I enjoyed watching USU move on offense and how it results in decent shots. They are forced to do that b/c of their lack of athleticism.
5. Lastly, USU had far and away the best player on the floor by a million miles. Merrill. That kid is a pure baller. Understands, pace, flow, tempo, floor balance, momentum and that is very very rare. He practically dominated the entire 2nd half and not b/c of his scoring. What a huge luxury to have a guy like that and an absolute pleasure to watch play in person.

As for Mike White sux, well most of us know that. But here is the problem. None of us openly root for a loss, but for instance, what would have actually been different if we somehow pull out a win at the end of the game, other than the record? You still are playing the same style, the guys mentioned over and over that are getting worse by the game and will continue to get worse. Winning games when you play like shyt and/or are poorly coached is in the long run the worst thing that could happen. B/C the dumbass decision makers look at the record and nothing else. How do you think Mike White got this job????

The sooner Mike is gone the better we will be. give me a guy like the USU coach who will force movement on offense and not just rely on having greater athletic ability to create a shot on your on every time down the floor.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Didn't watch it, zero stress day supporting the wife, at the Las Vegas Bowl. It's a struggle but I'll endure.

Dude, you totally outkicked your coverage!!!!!!! Lucky Bastard, LOL. Enjoy.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Squeaky shoe measurement. Genius. Our squeaky shoe levels have to be among the lowest in the country with how much standing around we do.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Mike White needs to hire an “offensive coordinator” to go with his defense and recruiting prowess.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't watch it, zero stress day supporting the wife, at the Las Vegas Bowl. It's a struggle but I'll endure.
679095995-jpeg.18557
--------- Do you always look like the stalker that's finally caught up with her?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UF should feel free to be searching for a good coach when UF has a loser BBall coach.
I just found out that Georgetown's coach is Patrick Ewing ! We should find us a 7-foot coach, with long term NBA experience.
White only knows "too-short-man" basketball. He does not visualize "in-the-paint" basketball. Subconsciously, the players are baffled about how to conduct themselves on the court? How to pass faster than the defensemen can move? How to deftly kiss the ball off the backboard to make the ball energy quit right over the rim?

There are too many coaches out there getting more success out of lesser talented players. These players need that coach. Worse thing off all, UF feared some higher school program would steal White, we gave a raise with an extension,?? Those poor lied-to players.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
After much soul-searching, I am cutting off Mike White's extension = no longer will I post the official basketball game thread. Maybe that will send a message to Mike White. So what if White gets UF into the final 64. He made us watch terrible basketball and we would all know that Florida doesn't deserve to be there. Now that's a coach that needs to be fired.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
These 2 quotes I just saw regarding today's game. both fall directly at Mike's shoes IMO. The first is by Lewis and the second is by the fearless leader himself:

"We had to be more disciplined as a team,' said Florida freshman guard Scottie Lewis

"They're very well coached, they've got really good players, and they run stuff that's hard to defend," White said

Part of coaching is taking from others. If it is so hard to defend, perhaps you might benefit from borrowing it you dumbA$$

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Greg Marshall on line one? I really don't think we get Billy D back or pry Brad Stevens from Boston so idk who else we could go after.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Boston is 2nd in the East so unless they tank the season then I see him staying there another year or 4.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Greg Marshall on line one? I really don't think we get Billy D back or pry Brad Stevens from Boston so idk who else we could go after.

Lots of guys out there and the guy coaching opposite Mike today seem to have a pretty good idea of how to organize a mediocre CYA team.

I have mentioned Brad Stevens before but not for the UF job. If he were to ever return to college hoops it would be at UNC, UK, KU or Duke. UCLA, UofL and Indiana all tried to pry him away the past 3 years and I know for a fact that UofL and Indiana offered big money for a college coach, and he politely declined. If you are offered a top5ish college coaching job and decline, you are not going to say yes to something below that.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who do we zero in on so we can move on from White?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't watch the game and it sounds like i didn't miss much... Carry on wayward son.....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
White’s not going anywhere for at least another season after this...and you all know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.