Gator Basketball Powerhouse Utah State too much for Gators to handle, 65-62

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Who do we zero in on so we can move on from White?

If you like Marshall so be it. he had a good run at Winthrop and has done well at Wichita. But I would prefer to just rip the cord with Mike and then see who shows interest. if everyone thinks we are such a place that a guy like Stevens would show an interest, then their agents will reach out when we shytcan Mike. Just have someone competent doing the research and don;t do like Fooley and pick up the newspaper, see what mid major coach has a good 2 yr record (See Mike and Butters) and hire them. find people that watch games, that know hoops and can tell you what real basketball is.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Yup
Didn't watch it, zero stress day supporting the wife, at the Las Vegas Bowl. It's a struggle but I'll endure.
679095995-jpeg.18557
--------- Do you always look like the stalker that's finally caught up with her?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
White’s failure to play up tempo on both sides of the ball will be his undoing.

I think he is overly enamored with Nembhard who plays a slow game. He’s decent and I like him but he does not fit with his teammates. KJ, Lewis, Mann and Glover need to run to be effective. Lewis and Mann particularly do not have structured offensive games. Both are more scorers than shooters. They are lost in this half court offense. They need to be let out of the barn. I think the same applies to Payne.

It’s time to extend the defense, apply pressure....even full court....generate turnovers that lead to transition buckets.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
White’s failure to play up tempo on both sides of the ball will be his undoing.

I think he is overly enamored with Nembhard who plays a slow game. He’s decent and I like him but he does not fit with his teammates. KJ, Lewis, Mann and Glover need to run to be effective. Lewis and Mann particularly do not have structured offensive games. Both are more scorers than shooters. They are lost in this half court offense. They need to be let out of the barn. I think the same applies to Payne.

It’s time to extend the defense, apply pressure....even full court....generate turnovers that lead to transition buckets.

For sure Marine1, that is the only answer = let your high school All Americans operate. White needs to dust off his books on offensive styles.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If you like Marshall so be it. he had a good run at Winthrop and has done well at Wichita. But I would prefer to just rip the cord with Mike and then see who shows interest. if everyone thinks we are such a place that a guy like Stevens would show an interest, then their agents will reach out when we shytcan Mike. Just have someone competent doing the research and don;t do like Fooley and pick up the newspaper, see what mid major coach has a good 2 yr record (See Mike and Butters) and hire them. find people that watch games, that know hoops and can tell you what real basketball is.
:lmao: fire Mike white and wait for Brad Stevens to reach out. This is some funny shcit

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
White’s not going anywhere for at least another season after this...and you all know it.
Sorry but nonrevenue sports should come last.

No spending the football facilities money on more nonrevenue sports.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Besides, did we just give this NIT asshat coach a raise and extension?

We need to fire the motherfkkker who offered and signed that extension.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
:lmao: fire Mike white and wait for Brad Stevens to reach out. This is some funny shcit

You are correct about Stevens, but I only used his name an an example in responding to JBoss post. I clearly stated in another post that IF Stevens ever returned to college, bball it would only be at 1 of 4 schools. He already turned down big money at 2 other schools.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I stopped watching awhile ago and suggest you guys do the same. I just come to the forum after games and read all the comments. We've been hammering out the same complaints about this asshat for at least 2 years...he ain't gonna wake up in the morning and become Coach K. He's a dud. Fire his azz and move on. My guess is the players are just waiting for anyone on this staff to get a clue.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
While I surely agree that White does not coach the team as I believe it should be, I don't see how he is responsible for so many missed open shots, lay ups, etc. I very much think that a coach who has been a guard wants a guard based team which I believe not to be as effective as a center based one unless you have great guards. So many missed opportunities to blow out the opponent, a good team would have been up by 20 or more at the half.

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
While I surely agree that White does not coach the team as I believe it should be, I don't see how he is responsible for so many missed open shots, lay ups, etc. I very much think that a coach who has been a guard wants a guard based team which I believe not to be as effective as a center based one unless you have great guards. So many missed opportunities to blow out the opponent, a good team would have been up by 20 or more at the half.

This missed open looks create some doubt in my mind regarding how much of a leash White should have after this season if it continues as is. But it is all his recruits, no? And shooting skills can be coached and drilled, right? And, there is so little motion and ball movement in his offense. It is the same offense we’ve seen all along. Is he coaching to his teams strengths?

So, I see the poor-shooting excuse as even more lame than giving Muschump an extra year for injuries. If this team doesn’t gel and make a nice run in the tournament (sweet 16 or better), White needs to be canned not just because his brand of hoops is variably effective, but because it is giant snooze fest.

I suggest seeking a soft landing, meaning only can him when we have a willing upgrade coach on the hook. White is not nearly as bad as Muschamp or Mac. A bit more like a calm and articulate version of Zook. No need to rush him out the door. Better to be patient about getting the right replacement. Then make the upgrade.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The irony in this is that when Fooley hired White he said that one of the main reasons was that White coached “An uptempo style that today’s players want to play.” Well either his philosophy changed, for no good reason or yet again our brilliant “AD Emeritus “ was sold another pig in a poke.
A friend told me that the team can either be exciting to watch win or lose OR boring to watch but a consistent winner. White’s team is the perfect storm of boring, frustrating to watch, and consistent losers

Gator-Don

The Master of Sparks and Fire
Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2016
UF should feel free to be searching for a good coach when UF has a loser BBall coach.
I just found out that Georgetown's coach is Patrick Ewing ! We should find us a 7-foot coach, with long term NBA experience.
White only knows "too-short-man" basketball. He does not visualize "in-the-paint" basketball. Subconsciously, the players are baffled about how to conduct themselves on the court? How to pass faster than the defensemen can move? How to deftly kiss the ball off the backboard to make the ball energy quit right over the rim?

There are too many coaches out there getting more success out of lesser talented players. These players need that coach. Worse thing off all, UF feared some higher school program would steal White, we gave a raise with an extension,?? Those poor lied-to players.

Mike Miller is Penny Hardaway's assistant at Memphis. By the time we can fire MW he might fit your criteria. He showed he has great b-ball IQ with the Heat.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mike Miller is Penny Hardaway's assistant at Memphis. By the time we can fire MW he might fit your criteria. He showed he has great b-ball IQ with the Heat.
Miller hasn't shown shcit. It would be stupid to fire a coach that can get us in the tournament every year for a coach with a just a couple of years experience as an assistant. And I don't wanna hear how good of a recruiter he is. Penny brought those kids in. We shouldn't make a move unless we know we're upgrading.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Honestly I think this team makes the tournament despite the coach, not because of. Their talent shows just enough to counter chumpalishious offensive coaching.

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
The irony in this is that when Fooley hired White he said that one of the main reasons was that White coached “An uptempo style that today’s players want to play.” Well either his philosophy changed, for no good reason or yet again our brilliant “AD Emeritus “ was sold another pig in a poke.
A friend told me that the team can either be exciting to watch win or lose OR boring to watch but a consistent winner. White’s team is the perfect storm of boring, frustrating to watch, and consistent losers

This

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly I think this team makes the tournament despite the coach, not because of. Their talent shows just enough to counter chumpalishious offensive coaching.

This team is gonna get slaughtered in the SEC. Unless a switch suddenly flips and the light comes on for this team we’ll be lucky to make the NIT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.