Prediction: We will win 10 games this season!

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I said it. 10 wins and only 2 loses! After a so-so start in the first few games, this team will gain confidence each week and exceed expectations en route to a excellent comeback season:
  • We will boast the best defense in the country and we will lead the nation in interceptions for most of the season.
  • Our young linebackers and defensive linemen will surprise and emerge as real playmakers on defense and teams will have a ton of trouble running or throwing on us. In fact, Alex Anzalone will be a finalist for the Butkus award by season's end.
  • Our offense will put up respectable numbers at the beginning of the season, but will really gel around the 5th game. Once Martez Ivey becomes the starter at Left Tackle midway through the season, we will have one of the best offensive lines in the SEC.
  • Will Grier will do an excellent job managing the offense and playing relatively mistake free football (think Greg McElroy at Alabama a few years ago). He will throw for just shy of 3,000 yards for the season.
  • Jake McGee will lead the team in receptions, but Demarcus Robinson will lead the team in yards, eclipsing 1,000 yards for the first time in...well, it's been a while!
  • None of our backs will rush for 1,000 yards this year as the production at the position will largely be by committee, but Jordan Scarlett will play particularly well towards the end of the season. He will seize the starting role from KT (not by any fault of his) and will be poised for a MONSTER year in 2016-17.
  • Our Gators will be playing the best football out of any team in the nation by seasons end, but will barely miss out on the College Football Playoff.
Ok, does all of this sound far fetched? Maybe a little. :exactly:But, it can't hurt to speak it into existence! Let's hear your wild predictions for the upcoming season, GCMB! Please resurrect this thread from the abyss to gloat if your predictions come to fruition.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ted-smokes-weed-o.gif

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n262886 said:
9 wins max.

Way to go out on a limb there, Wobble. :D But honestly, I really think the defense will keep us in every game. We were competitive in every game last year minus the Alabama and Mizzou debacles. If we can be more productive on offense, we may surprise.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I'm in the 10 win camp. I agree with most of what you said. I disagree with more receptions going McGee. I think DR has a breakout year...he has to. If our Oline is as good as last year or better we can win more than 11 games. Hell we were two or three plays and a thunderstorm away from 10 wins last years, and this year we will not be playing for field position. 10 wins should be easy but that's why we play the games.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
10 wins will be a pleasant surprise for me. I can easily see it happening if the OL plays well and we get good Qb play. I'm leaning more toward 8-9 though which I'll gladly take with Mac's first year. Throw in a bowl victory and you have a good year with a very young team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Brandon Powell will be a game changer.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
heversle;n262884 said:
Yeah, I said it. 10 wins and only 2 loses! After a so-so start in the first few games, this team will gain confidence each week and exceed expectations en route to a excellent comeback season:
  • We will boast the best defense in the country and we will lead the nation in interceptions for most of the season.
  • Our young linebackers and defensive linemen will surprise and emerge as real playmakers on defense and teams will have a ton of trouble running or throwing on us. In fact, Alex Anzalone will be a finalist for the Butkus award by season's end.
  • Our offense will put up respectable numbers at the beginning of the season, but will really gel around the 5th game. Once Martez Ivey becomes the starter at Left Tackle midway through the season, we will have one of the best offensive lines in the SEC.
  • Will Grier will do an excellent job managing the offense and playing relatively mistake free football (think Greg McElroy at Alabama a few years ago). He will throw for just shy of 3,000 yards for the season.
  • Jake McGee will lead the team in receptions, but Demarcus Robinson will lead the team in yards, eclipsing 1,000 yards for the first time in...well, it's been a while!
  • None of our backs will rush for 1,000 yards this year as the production at the position will largely be by committee, but Jordan Scarlett will play particularly well towards the end of the season. He will seize the starting role from KT (not by any fault of his) and will be poised for a MONSTER year in 2016-17.
  • Our Gators will be playing the best football out of any team in the nation by seasons end, but will barely miss out on the College Football Playoff.
Ok, does all of this sound far fetched? Maybe a little. :exactly:But, it can't hurt to speak it into existence! Let's hear your wild predictions for the upcoming season, GCMB! Please resurrect this thread from the abyss to gloat if your predictions come to fruition.
:britney:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Given what he inherited, eight wins is pulling a rabbit out of the hat and would be a superb coaching job. Ten, with freshmen on the OL, would be national coach of the year stuff

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I love the optimisim, but I figure we are at 9 wins top.

Why in the world would you assume Jordan Scarlett takes the job away from KT. KT has been doing a great job in practice from all reports and I have also heard that Conkrite has been outplaying Scarlett at this point.

I also think you are under estimating how bad the offensive line is going to be. Yes, it looks better, but this is not a top level SEC line. One of the reasons Bullard is "unblockable" is because the line isnt' good.

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
I predict every reason you predict UF to win ten games will turn out to be wrong. UF will again have a mediocre quarterback. That's enough reason in itself, but there are plenty of others. UF will have a losing season. The talent is not there, especially on the line of scrimmage where most games are won or lost. It doesn't matter how good your skill players are if you can't block, and UF doesn't have great skill players, in quantity, with Demarcus Robinson being the only proven one, and even he lacks consistency. The secondary? It looks good on paper, but that was also true last year and the secondary was the reason UF was blown out by Alabama, lost to LSU, and went to triple overtime against Kentucky..McElwain talks a good game, but talk doesn't win games, players do. South Carolina has beat UF four of the past five years. When Spurrier was asked if he had any advice for McElwain, he replied the he needed to "go get some ball players." The players are the same, basically. An influx of freshmen and a guy you flip from Old Dominion isn't enough, so I think UF will again be mediocre this year.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n262938 said:
I predict every reason you predict UF to win ten games will turn out to be wrong. UF will again have a mediocre quarterback. That's enough reason in itself, but there are plenty of others. UF will have a losing season. The talent is not there, especially on the line of scrimmage where most games are won or lost. It doesn't matter how good your skill players are if you can't block, and UF doesn't have great skill players, in quantity, with Demarcus Robinson being the only proven one, and even he lacks consistency. The secondary? It looks good on paper, but that was also true last year and the secondary was the reason UF was blown out by Alabama, lost to LSU, and went to triple overtime against Kentucky..McElwain talks a good game, but talk doesn't win games, players do. South Carolina has beat UF four of the past five years. When Spurrier was asked if he had any advice for McElwain, he replied the he needed to "go get some ball players." The players are the same, basically. An influx of freshmen and a guy you flip from Old Dominion isn't enough, so I think UF will again be mediocre this year.

200.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
heversle;n262884 said:

• I like the optimism, hev.

I'm in the 8-10 total camp, though critical injuries could derail that quite a bit. Oddly there are probably more definitive reasons for our being better than expected, than for us to be worse. I think we've been beaten to a pulp as a fanbase and almost look for the negatives first, similar to how we approached things in the pre-Spurrier era. Ingeneral, I think the improvements along the sidelines are good enough to get us an extra win or 2 somewhere, much like '05 compare to '04.

Either way, good to see you posting.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n262938 said:

So what exactly do you blow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.