Premium Sites

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATX, I'm with everyone else saying save your money, but I'll add one angle I didn't notice.

Assuming they knew stuff before it is reported on normal sites or via Twitter (which gets reported here). Does it really matter if you find out a bit earlier than you would have already? What is the hurry these days? Most of the better reporting isn't based off of timeliness, it's based off of accuracy.

...which brings us to the other possible reason for paying for 'premium content' - finding out things you wouldn't know otherwise. Here I agree with everyone else. Any 'insider information' will be leaked and likely reported along with other information that makes depend on your judgement to discern what really happened. Like with the Grier situation. Did we get 'inside information' that Will and Daddy Grier wanted to know Mac's plan for him in the future and when he didn't get it he bolted? ... or did Mac encourage him to leave? That's up to you to figure out and a premium site won't help you there.

Put that money in your savings account and do something meaningful with it. ...like a trip to Prague!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I've had ESPN insider for 3 years and it's not worth it. I'm just to damn lazy to cancel because they will not let you do it electronically (so they can pressure you to continue when you call).

I canceled my insider this year (agree not worth it). You can cancel from the account page and it is easy and painless.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I know. I just grin knowing I'd say/do the same thing....then forget about doing it at that time as well, and watch it renew on me.
I let it renew partially for laziness and partially because it is tied to a CC that I do not ever use except for that, which keeps it open and my score up, TBH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator