Proud To Be An American And Proud to be A Gator

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
http://whnt.com/2015/11/25/an-alaba...nt-is-honored-at-florida-gator-football-game/

Hit the Link

On the fourth of July this makes me proud to be an American and proud to be a Florida Gator.

We need to stop being ashamed of our history, our heroes, and American culture. A country that is ashamed of its past, its heroes, and its culture is a country in deep trouble. The narrative put forth by many in our nation today is that we should be ashamed of our past and our heroes because they were racists, misogynists, and homophobic. You should not judge people in the past without seeing them in the historical context in which they lived. History is working itself out.

George Washington and the other patriots of 1776 deserve our deepest gratitude and respect and not our condemnation because they don't measure up to the cultural standards of a modern consumerist society that has it all too easy. That young man from Guntersville, Alabama is a true American hero in the spirit of seventeen seventy-six.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
3b627855a877b1874749b38f7d5021de.jpg

Alex.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
You the man, Joe.

That said, I've never been ashamed of our history, heroes and culture. It's helped to define us and make us a great country.

I am very much ashamed at some of our currently elected "leaders"attempting to apologize for our history, heroes and culture.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
You the man, Joe.

That said, I've never been ashamed of our history, heroes and culture. It's helped to define us and make us a great country.

I am very much ashamed at some of our currently elected "leaders"attempting to apologize for our history, heroes and culture.
That's what Liberals do. They dumb down the population. Rewrite history. Blame America and appologize to terrorists -- all this and worse. Of course, I'm just an old knuckle dragger.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Thank you, O-Joe, for the uplifting, pertinent post. I never tire of learning about those incredible Americans who pledge their life, fortune and sacred honor for the cause of liberty; Sergeant Garmon not the least among them.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
That's what Liberals do. They dumb down the population. Rewrite history. Blame America
This, this and more of this....It never stops. I'll never be ashamed of what America was and largely still is. I am however ashamed of what it is becoming.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.