Quincy Wilson draft stock up

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Quincy Wilson's draft stock is rising....so there is likely no chance he returns next year. That secondary is going to be very green. Maybe Law can explain his theory to the coaching staff that good DBs grow on trees: just convert your worst WRs to DB!

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/nfl-com-quincy-wilsons-draft-stock-rising/

NFL.com: Quincy Wilson’s draft stock rising

Entering the season, many analysts had penciled in Teez Tabor to be the highest Gator drafted in 2017. There’s more and more talk, however, that Quincy Wilson may truly be Florida’s top cornerback.

Add NFL.com’s Chad Reuter to the list of analysts impressed by Wilson in 2016, as Reuter included the junior cornerback on his “Stock Up” list Monday:

Although scouts and SEC receivers already knew about Wilson’s talents, he has stepped into a bigger role with the Gators this season. He’s proving that he’s more than worthy of the challenge. In fact, one NFL executive believes he’s the best cornerback in college football. Playing beside the more highly regarded Vernon Hargreaves III and Teez Tabor in past seasons, Wilson’s play has gone under the radar nationally. But now, the 6-foot-1, 213-pound defender’s length, physical style and ball skills are gaining the notice they deserve.

Fans and critics of Tabor might remember he set his goal to be the highest draft pick ever among SEC cornerbacks. It’s starting to look like his biggest competition might be in his own secondary.

In five games, Wilson has recorded two interceptions, two pass breakups, two tackles for loss and one sack.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some of us called this last year. Can't remember names, but I remember seeing it said by more than one poster around here.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He is taller, bigger, faster, and more athletic than Tabor. It doesn't surprise me.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He's always on his game. I can't remember a single time he's been beaten. Honestly, Tabor is the same way short of the play he lost his footing against UT.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have a good class coming in, but it's been since 2007 season since we were this green in the back of defense.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Has this dude been thrown on yet this year? I'm not surprised at all that the scouts love him and I was saying he was a first rounder before the season started.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Can we pay this same guy to do a write up saying Duke Dawson's stock is rising as well?

I keed, I keed.....(not really)

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's not just the secondary. The defense is going to lose nine starters next year. And we probably won't be replacing a single starter with a player who is going to be better or comparable.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's not just the secondary. The defense is going to lose nine starters next year. And we probably won't be replacing a single starter with a player who is going to be better or comparable.
Can't be much worse than we were against the Voles.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Quincy is a first class corner. I saw a stat the other day where it claimed he's only given up 1 reception this year, insane. Definitely a first round guy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Quincy Wilson's draft stock is rising....so there is likely no chance he returns next year. That secondary is going to be very green. Maybe Law can explain his theory to the coaching staff that good DBs grow on trees: just convert your worst WRs to DB!
Elijah Williams and Keiwan Ratliff.

Dbs dont meant shyt. They have the least impact on the game and its the easiest position on the field to play. True freshman can do it.

You can clap for DBU and ducktrucks while we give up 400-650 yards all you want.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our currents ends arent very good. We will upgrade next year. The rest will probably be downgrades.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Elijah Williams and Keiwan Ratliff.

Dbs dont meant shyt. They have the least impact on the game and its the easiest position on the field to play. True freshman can do it.

You can clap for DBU and ducktrucks while we give up 400-650 yards all you want.
I agree when it comes to CB's....you got what you got pretty much from the get go. True Safety's, not Muschamp's mini LB's, do get a better feel for what is happening around them on the field IMO. Remember how keen Ahmad Black was by his JR. and SR. years? Even Major Wright made a nice upgrade from just being a Kill Shot artist...But to your point, most are what they are and no amount of time seems to make much difference.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when Wilson called out Ermon Lane in HS. Now Ermon has been moved to DB as FSU

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Really? That's hilarious.:lol:

They must have consulted w/ Law on that move....

Jimbo - "Hey Law, we have a 5-star WR that can't catch worth a sh*t. What should we do with him?"

Law - "That's easy. Move him to WR!"

Jimbo - "Done."

----

Jimbo - "Hey Erman, come over here we need to talk....."

Erman - "Damn, I should have never come here....."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.