Rams/Saints no-call

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care who won or how they won but watching Doug78 twist and turn reminds me of trying to clean dog poo off tennis shoes......

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have no data, because they didn't play the play. But at no point can you say with 100% they would have won even with the penalty.
Never said they would. My argument is that instant replay should be extended to officiating, esp in a championship game, and that Goodell should have intervened BECAUSE that one play created too many unknowns against the Saints.

That to me fits the NFL criterion of "extraordinarily unfair."

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Never said they would. My argument is that instant replay should be extended to officiating, esp in a championship game, and that Goodell should have intervened BECAUSE that one play created too many unknowns against the Saints.

That to me fits the NFL criterion of "extraordinarily unfair."

I doubt that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care who won or how they won but watching Doug78 twist and turn reminds me of trying to clean dog poo off tennis shoes......

Not twisting deuce. My position has been the same. Bad no-call. Isn't the reason they lost the game. They had a chance to stop them with a 3 point lead in which they failed. Then also had the ball first in OT. Only a dumbass would see that as a change in position. So no twisting, but it shows what you are.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No no no, Doug is right. Getting the ball back with 15 seconds on the clock and no timeouts still leaves the door open for the Rams to tie the game. Its barely any different at all than getting the ball with almost 2 minutes left plus a timeout. After all, there could be a rip in the space/time continuum, or an EMP attack that shut off all power within a 100 mile radius, or an alien landing at midfield...really nothing can be ruled out as long as there is a 1 in a trillion chance of it happening. I mean, a team getting into FG range with almost 2 minutes left and a timeout is about as rare as seeing a snow leopard waterskiing in NYC so really the Saints can only blame themselves. They shoulda just scored more points in the first quarter if they wanted to win, knowing full well that the rulebook would be tossed out the window after the 2 minute warning. I mean even if this foul occurred in the endzone with no time left, the Saints wouldn't be able to complain because after all, they had 60 minutes to score more points and we all know that a completely ridiculous penalty in the waning seconds of a game carries no more weight than a penalty on the first play of the day.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not twisting deuce. My position has been the same. Bad no-call. Isn't the reason they lost the game. They had a chance to stop them with a 3 point lead in which they failed. Then also had the ball first in OT. Only a dumbass would see that as a change in position. So no twisting, but it shows what you are.
Who gives a phuck about all that? Jesus.

One play, Doug. Did it possibly have a large effect on the outcome? Get the bytes out of your mind.

Thank God you didn't go into law.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Zing, right over my head!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who gives a phuck about all that? Jesus.

One play, Doug. Did it possibly have a large effect on the outcome? Get the bytes out of your mind.

Thank God you didn't go into law.

If the Saints stop the Rams Offense so they do not get into field goal range who wins?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Doug, what do you think the chances were that the Rams would have won that game had they made the correct call?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Doug, what do you think the chances were that the Rams would have won that game had they made the correct call?

That are smaller, but then again... we have gone down this path. What if Brees didn't through a pick at 2nd and 16 in OT. How would have changed the Saints chances of winning? Should we do the what-if game on all of the non-calls in the game see how they would have possibly changed the game?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That are smaller, but then again... we have gone down this path. What if Brees didn't through a pick at 2nd and 16 in OT. How would have changed the Saints chances of winning? Should we do the what-if game on all of the non-calls in the game see how they would have possibly changed the game?
Just answer the question. "Smaller" isn't an answer. What do you think the Ram's chances of winning that game were if the correct call was made?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just answer the question. "Smaller" isn't an answer. What do you think the Ram's chances of winning that game were if the correct call was made?
Why answer a question you have already got an answer too... If the Saints defense did their job, and stopped the Rams offense what would be the chances of the Saints winning?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why answer a question you have already got an answer too... If the Saints defense did their job, and stopped the Rams offense what would be the chances of the Saints winning?
:lmao2: Nice try.

I'll answer for you: Its virtually zero. Yes, virtually, but like the lottery, there is still some small chance of winning. But not much. This is where the MAGNITUDE of the call comes in. It took the Rams from practically zero chance to win the game to having a reasonable chance to win the game. If you can't even acknowledge that much, you aren't worth debating. I may as well spend the rest of the day punching the clown.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao2: Nice try.

I'll answer for you: Its virtually zero. Yes, virtually, but like the lottery, there is still some small chance of winning. But not much. This is where the MAGNITUDE of the call comes in. It took the Rams from practically zero chance to win the game to having a reasonable chance to win the game. If you can't even acknowledge that much, you aren't worth debating. I may as well spend the rest of the day punching the clown.

Being I answered that question for you early, you are asking again for no reason. But the question is, do the Saints have control of the officials.
Another way to look at it, if you are working on a project, someone does something to fck up and stop your path, but there is another path to complete that project on time/schedule. Is it that person's fault if you fail, or do you buckle down and finish the project.

The saints had two opportunities to complete the task, and they failed both times. That doesn't include the other 58 minutes of the game where they could have put the game away.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just want you to officially acknowledge what is obvious to even a casual football fan: Had the refs made the correct call there, the game was pretty much over. Period. Yes, I will acknowledge that the Saints still could have won after that. We all get that and no one is saying anything different. Literally NOBODY disagrees that the Saints still could have won if they played better. The point that you keep missing is that they shouldn't have had to run through enemy fire one more time. The game should have been over.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dougie gets it that players and plays decide games.

What he refuses to get is that the NFL didn't intend for officials to decide games. Especially championship games.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Dougie gets it that players and plays decide games.

What he refuses to get is that the NFL didn't intend for officials to decide games. Especially championship games.
Dougie finds one argument per day (8-5 M-F) that is contrary to public opinion. He makes an argument (or a few dozen) on why he is correct. Next thing you know, it’s 5:00 and Dougie gets to go home from his gubment job. He wins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator