Random unexpected use of Gator football image

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
IMO ...one of the best rock singers... check out his hat. It becomes clear near the end:

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Hey, that's Chris LeakS... thats how Nat Moore used to say it.... he also did the same with Percy HarvinS.

BTW, was on an adult web chat the other night and the model, from Columbia w/ gorgeous fake titties, was wearing a Gator logo t-shirt... I wrote Gator Nation, she had no idea what the hell I was talking about... neither did I after the t came off. :D:bananadance2::fistbump:

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In the movie Edtv, one of the groups that is shown watching the show is from UF decked out in Gator gear.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
On the negative side, in the movie Big Trouble there is an ongoing plot element where a couple of surveillance guys are waiting in a car listening to sports talk radio in Miami. The host keeps getting Gator fan callers and they sound stupid and the guys in the car keep insulting them. I figured the screenwriter must have been a Cane fan suffering UF resentment.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
The character Don Johnson played on Miami Vice was Det. James " Sonny" Crockett, former University of Florida football star who kept a pet alligator named Elvis on his sailboat.
Here's a great Rolling Stone interview about Johnson and his role in Miami Vice. "The sky started raining panties."
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features/don-johnson-on-30-years-of-miami-vice-20141009

I had forgotten that Crockett's character was a former UF player. Speaking of Miami Vice, one of the show's best episodes was based on the late Glenn Frey's song Smuggler's Blues and featured Frey playing a laid back pilot. He showed some pretty good acting chops.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hey...and we were winning 21-7 against Vandy... good times.

Ending scene in "The Other Guys":
Ershon.png

That dude in the Gator t-shirt looks scary close to Marshal Henderson with hair.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Just curious how many people know this Gator reference...

Near the end of the Eagles' Long Run album is a song called, "The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks." First verse includes, "you got down and did 'the Gator,' half an hour later you were barfin all over your girlfriend's shoes..." Then after the first chorus, you can hear Jimmy Buffet yell "Gator!" Joined by a bunch of hootin and hollerin. The story goes that Donnie Felder (Gainesville High alum) and Buffet were familiar with the UF party scene and told the rest of the band about "the Gator," so Don Henley wrote the song.

Gotta love having UF immortalized in an Eagles tune, even if a bit obscure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just curious how many people know this Gator reference...

Near the end of the Eagles' Long Run album is a song called, "The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks." First verse includes, "you got down and did 'the Gator,' half an hour later you were barfin all over your girlfriend's shoes..." Then after the first chorus, you can hear Jimmy Buffet yell "Gator!" Joined by a bunch of hootin and hollerin. The story goes that Donnie Felder (Gainesville High alum) and Buffet were familiar with the UF party scene and told the rest of the band about "the Gator," so Don Henley wrote the song.

Gotta love having UF immortalized in an Eagles tune, even if a bit obscure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator