RB Lorenzo Lingard granted immediate eligibility

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Then again, I forgot how many beastly programs we fought off for guys like Doering, McGriff, Terry Jackson, etc.

Why you only got to name the dudes from my High School and two I played with... fuching mean ass philly fan. Get in first place because you tied with the Bengals and the division is straight garbage.

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
Wondering if we will see Lingard this season or if he is going to position himself to be in college for seven years like Andre Dubose.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wondering if we will see Lingard this season or if he is going to position himself to be in college for seven years like Andre Dubose.

Running back is deep this year. So I would think, no.

I think we may see Wright flip to Tony’s position. Bowman, Lingard, and Davis will probably be the main backs.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Ok, if we were getting good trash, maybe Id be happier about it. You know #1 QBs lined up behind several other number one quarterbacks who just couldn't get playing time.... as opposed to running back or wide receiver who couldn't get on the field despite a weak roster in front of them.

That battle for Lingard sure was fierce.
The battle for Shorter wasn't fierce either, but he is starting to impress me as a very fine receiver.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like Pierce and, Wright is very good catching passes but, I want to see what Lingard can do. He was a stud in HS.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why do you take a transfer if you aren't going to give him a shot? Season's halfway over at this point.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

He's been in on a handful of plays I think...but that RB room is pretty stacked. Pierce, Wright, Davis, and Clement are all capable backs and have been doing a good job rushing, receiving, and in pass protection.

Would love for Lingard to emerge too, but can buy the explanation that he's behind on the playbook and midseason is a bad time to be playing catchup.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Why do you take a transfer if you aren't going to give him a shot? Season's halfway over at this point.

I think part of it is simply not knowing which guys will step up or prove themselves worthy of primetime. Davies didn't look the same last year as he was coming off injury; but has shown a bit more life this season, especially as a pass-catching RB. No guarantee of that going into this year though; and same with not knowing if the condensed season would lead to more injuries.

If the option presents itself to have a former 5* around as a backup, you take it.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think part of it is simply not knowing which guys will step up or prove themselves worthy of primetime. Davies didn't look the same last year as he was coming off injury; but has shown a bit more life this season, especially as a pass-catching RB. No guarantee of that going into this year though; and same with not knowing if the condensed season would lead to more injuries.

If the option presents itself to have a former 5* around as a backup, you take it.

Then I say give him the rock once in a while.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm calling Bullschit. Mullen is known for favoring upperclassman. Wright has been given a shot. Why isn't Lorenzo? I guess he sucks.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I'm calling Bullschit. Mullen is known for favoring upperclassman. Wright has been given a shot. Why isn't Lorenzo? I guess he sucks.

Most every coach favors upperclassmen, that's not really something exclusive to Mullen. And it's understandable why: they've put in the time and effort into the University and usually know the nuances of the game far better.

That said, I don't think Mullen can be criticized on this one: we have one of the best offenses in the country and our RBs have played an important role in that. It'd be a different case if the guys who were playing weren't producing while a talented guy like Lingard sits on the bench; but as a group, they're averaging something like 4 yards a carry and 7-9 yards per catch (could be higher after this last weekend's Cocktail Party). That's excellent production, no matter how you slice it. At the end of the day, if Lingard can't beat out the guys in front of him, that's on him, not the coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator