RB Thompson looks explosive in 2nd Scrimmage

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://gatorbytes.blog.palmbeachpos...plosive-in-gators-second-scrimmage-of-spring/
GAINESVILLE
Florida held its second scrimmage of the spring on Friday, giving both the offense and the defense another in-game situation to showcase what they’ve done so far in the spring.

And both sides of the ball had their moments. junior college transfer running back Mark Thompson had a 60-70 run on Friday, according to tight ends coach Greg Nord, while wide receiver Ahmad Fulwood had a catch that caught the eye of Nord.

“We had a few explosive plays that we’ve been looking for out of the offense,” Nord said. “(Ahmad) Fulwood had a nice catch-and-run in a situation. We had Mark (Thompson) get out and get the big run in some of the situational stuff that we did.”

Thompson has generated a lot of buzz during the spring, and from what Nord said, he’s been able to showcase his skills.

However, the offense wasn’t the only side that had big plays. Safety Marcus Maye had an interception, while fellow safety Duke Dawson had a touchdown that was overturned because of a penalty.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thompson will probably end up with the most carries this season if he stays mostly injury free.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can't wait to get a look at Thompson during live action. I know the talent level is different and will be interesting how he performs.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I wish they'd say who threw the INTs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is getting 70% of the snaps, so odds are that's true. As long as it stays 70/25/5, we know what the plan is.

If they switch to 50/50, we know the QB Whisperer is concerned.

BTW, am I the only one who hesitates to open offseason threads with "Explosive" in the title?

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is getting 70% of the snaps, so odds are that's true. As long as it stays 70/25/5, we know what the plan is.

BTW, am I the only one who hesitates to open offseason threads with "Explosive" in the title?
better than, "guess who's injured"

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

True but I wonder who gets the 5%?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't put much stock into hearing about an explosive scrimmage...Wasn't long ago Adam Lane gave us a explosive bowl game and we haven't seen sh!t from him since.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
True but I wonder who gets the 5%?
Is usually just some trash clipboard holder. They try to redshirt "The Future" QBs and get them plenty of reps on the scout team, like Grier, Grossman, and Driskel (before the injuries).

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not optomistic. But then again I usually look at a glass half full and declare it empty.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not optomistic. But then again I usually look at a glass half full and declare it empty.

Good to see you '46! I hope you'll be around more, at least during the season!

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hi Euro. Are you still in Europe or are you now Amerigator;.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
LDR has yet to play well in a scrimmage from what I understand. He keeps that up Appleby will overtake him. Especially since he has played well in the scrimmages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator