Recruiting Update, 3/22

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
On another note, how is it that he gets absolutely no credit for bringing in 12 early enrollees. That is a HUGE number and it is like giving an extra star to each player in reality because early enrollment has been shown time and time again to vastly increase the likelihood that those players will make contributions on the field right away (or at least be prepared to in the case of backup QBs which we should all very much appreciate after last year!).

The EE's definitely stand out to me in that they get the kid on campus and in the program so many months earlier. I won't make a statement of the inferred star-value bump, but simply will state that it HAS to be a benefit over having kids show up in the fall having done who knows what over the summer. Though, that's my opinion. I think Mac will prove whether EE means better or not.

For shiggles, here's some numbers on EE's / Total Class

Alabama
2016 - 7/
2015 - 7/24
2014 - 8/27

Ohio State
2016 - 7/
2015 - 4 /26
2014 - 7/31

Michigan
2016 - 7/
2015 - 0/14 <<< New Coach
2014 - 1/17

Georgia
2016 - 6/ <<< New Coach
2015 - 7/28
2014 - 1/20

Florida
2016 - 12/
2015 - 2/20 <<< New Coach
2014 - 7/24

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
how the team Quit on Mac in the bowl game

Though I hate how we played in that game, but I think it's not as big of a deal as other things. I think fans feel the bowl games are a lot more important than the players. This wasn't a BCS or Playoff game, it was an alsoran game. You got this game so some advertiser could give you free stuff and it can be on TV. Recruiting was hurt worse by our play against FSU and Alabama and the previous 5 years of offensive offensive play.

Recruits should be in a wait and see mode, because they saw two different teams through out the 2015 season. We need one consistent season. The 2017 season will be make or break for this staff. By this point McElwain's system will be in place, and he will have three recruiting classes of "his" guys.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Any actual recruiting news to post? I haven't seen anything relevant in here since post #14 (of 82). :lol:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You are a sunshine pumper bc you aren't interested in facts and reality, just belief and hope. Here's the facts, while our class was solid offensively, it was severely lacking in the two most largest positions of need, DT and LB. we got no DTs, none, and the one we had spurned us the day of for our biggest rival. The best we got at LB was a 3* who while probably being a decent player has a low probability of being an impact one, further as much as talent was needed at the spot, depth was equal if not more important, didn't get there. We have any injuries at all in either of those two spots this year, or a key one or two players we are crossing our fingers about for this upcoming season don't pan out the way we hoped they would and we will see defensively something similar to what we saw offensively last year. You even made the comment "with a defense just as good as last years" but you have not one bit of actual evidence to back that up, just hope and optimism. What I know is that we lost key players at already thin positions and we didn't even maintain our thin levels, we got thinner. Believe whatever you want, but the facts are the facts, and the facts are in the game right now you MUST have depth and talent to win at a high level. Good coaching alone won't get you there. Right now we are lagging quite a bit behind our rivals and every single major school in our region on the recruiting trail, even freakin miamuuhhh. That's a problem. Florida should be in the running for a top 5 class each year just based off what is in our backyard. We haven't even been top 10. Mac might be a great game and X and Os guy but we have to recruit better and according to need.
I hope the basketball fans on this board translate this to that game as well n

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Optimism is a good thing, until it becomes more important than the reality on the ground.

There's a reason optimism plays no part in military strategy and decision making.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
So if you want to call this Mac's second real class, go for it. And I think everyone is willing to give Mac a pass on a passable class last year. But there are no excuses this year. We need to bring in a top class and some major talent, especially on the defensive side of the ball or we're going to be in serious trouble by 2017.

And WTF kind of loser talk is it to say it's not fair to compare our recruiting to coach x or school y? We should be going after a top 5 class every year and competing with anybody. Are we supposed to say "it's not fair to compare Mac to those coaches because everyone knows they're the best"?

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
You're wrong. This has been brought up time and time again. There's a direct correlation to recruiting rankings and success. Are there one off classes that bomb or even individual 5 star kids that flame out? Of course. There are exceptions to every rule. But make no mistake about it, you need studs and lots of them to win the SEC. The East was garbage last year and even the biggest pumpers will admit to that. FSU already has SIX 4 star kids. WHo cares you say? Well they are beating the tar out of us on the field and off. Are you ok with that? I don't think anyone in here called Mac a total failure. Moreso, he needs to kick it in gear. He's behind...AGAIN.

If it makes you happy to conentrate on the empty part of the glass then go for it. In the meantime I will drink the beer in the other half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator