Recruiting Update, 3/22

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
How do you figure? He started at UF in the middle of the last recruiting season and this is his first full class from beginning to end in which, among other things, he was able to secure by far the largest class of early enrollees in the country including Alabama's top kicker recruit that he stole away from them and who to date looks like he knows what field goals are.

He also inherited a team with a severe lack of offensive talent, especially on the offensive line and skill positions, and yet he won 10 games with some of the largest contributions coming from two offensive players that he recruited in his first class (Callaway and Ivey). And he did all that with a horrible kicker and a starting QB who was suspended mid season and a backup QB who should never have been a QB in the first place.

Putting aside your incorrect count of recruiting classes, where does your dissatisfaction come from? What exactly are you expecting?

Putting aside your lack of basic math...we are coming up on his third class. He's already behind FSU and Miami. THIRD class. Go back to kindergarten.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
a lot of apples to oranges going on in here lol.

Harbaugh and Smart really aren't good comparisons if you look at it from an objective standpoint.

Just being honest

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I'm going to make this argument easy for everyone,even the "Pumpers". This was from a month ago and we've picked up NOBODY since while Bama, FSU, Clemson, Miami and UGA are loading up. We are getting "kicked to sleep" on the trail and anyone who argues that is a DAMN fool. Screenshot_2016-02-29-13-30-43-1.png

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Putting aside your lack of basic math...we are coming up on his third class. He's already behind FSU and Miami. THIRD class. Go back to kindergarten.
We are what, a few weeks into the third recruiting class? And the first class he had what a few weeks to finish?
Putting aside your lack of understanding reality, take a Xanax bro, you need it.

I'm not saying he's going to be a world beater or anything, but really, you don't have to lose your **** over every single little thing.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
u guys panicking in March? Man this is going to be a fun ride.

If the staff sucks...I will say that they suck. I will not pull my hair out in March when recruiting has become such a rollercoaster ride anyways.

BTW Nord needs to go lol....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
a lot of apples to oranges going on in here lol.

Harbaugh and Smart really aren't good comparisons if you look at it from an objective standpoint.

Just being honest

Huh? Smart is not a good comparison? Why? They are both Saban disciples. Smart has NEVER been a head coach....EVER. He coached at Bama all the way through the NC game.....and pulled in the #7 ranked class. So, if anything he out-performed the sh*t out of our coach (in their 1st year).

Why is Harbaugh not a good comparison? Because he has a bigger personality than McElwain? Should we just resolve that Harbaugh can come into Florida and kick our ass (on the field AND in recruiting - which he did!)?

You need to take off your O&B glasses and wake the F up!

For another comparison....McElwain's 1st class was ranked #24....Muschamp just pulled in the #26 ranked class at South Carolina. Wow! And they know how bad of a coach he is!

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Huh? Smart is not a good comparison? Why? They are both Saban disciples. Smart has NEVER been a head coach....EVER. He coached at Bama all the way through the NC game.....and pulled in the #7 ranked class. So, if anything he out-performed the sh*t out of our coach (in their 1st year).

Why is Harbaugh not a good comparison? Because he has a bigger personality than McElwain? Should we just resolve that Harbaugh can come into Florida and kick our ass (on the field AND in recruiting - which he did!)?

For another comparison....McElwain's 1st class was ranked #24....Muschamp just pulled in the #26 ranked class at South Carolina. Wow! And they know how bad of a coach he is!

This post stinks...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We are what, a few weeks into the third recruiting class? And the first class he had what a few weeks to finish?
Putting aside your lack of understanding reality, take a Xanax bro, you need it.

I'm not saying he's going to be a world beater or anything, but really, you don't have to lose your **** over every single little thing.

AT some point he's gonna have to start kicking some ass on the recruiting trail and start kicking ass on the field(2-4 vs top 25).

At some point you'll need to stop making excuses for him.

That time is now.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016

Too much reality for you?

your reality is warped. I choose not to jump off of cliffs in March over recruiting kind sir. You have at it

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AT some point he's gonna have to start kicking some ass on the recruiting trail and start kicking ass on the field(2-4 vs top 25).

At some point you'll need to stop making excuses for him.

That time is now.
:jerkit:

I agree with the first part, but to pretend like there weren't things that happened that would set any coach back is simply mindless.
You have a right to an opinion, but bro, life is too short to be permapissed at **** you can't control.
But whatever man, you do you.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This post stinks...

I figure that you're saying that because Smart has been ingrained in south eastern high schools for the better part of a decade. And Mac has spent his last three years in the middle of the country.

Mac is on his third recruiting class. No more excuses. We know he can coach circles around Chump. However that is only half the job. We are in line for some major talent. Personally, I think he closes on them and we bring in a top three class. We will see…

Harbaugh has completely taken Mac to school on recruiting. In Florida, no less. There's no way around that…

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
I figure that you're saying that because Smart has been ingrained in south eastern high schools for the better part of a decade. And Mac has spent his last three years in the middle of the country.

Mac is on his third recruiting class. No more excuses. We know he can coach circles around Chump. However that is only half the job. We are in line for some major talent. Personally, I think he closes on them and we bring in a top three class. We will see…

Harbaugh has completely taken Mac to school on recruiting. In Florida, no less. There's no way around that…

You get it...lol

No excuses this go around, which is why I am on record stating that this is the year for the staff.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll judge the recruiting classes in a few years. Meyer has great classes on NSD, but half of them never showed up to campus, which started this whole fiasco. The only place that I can really fault Mac is at DT. Should we have gotten another OL? Possibly, but one year with 3 after loading up isn't bad. What about LB? I think we should have gotten a big name, but if these guys pan out, who cares the numbers are much better. Secondary, we have numbers and we'll see if any pan out, plus we have a quality coach there now, so it should be fixed. So really outside of DT, I don't see an issue yet. If these coaches can coach guys up and win games, I don't give a ****.

We won the SEC East with ****. Are we going to bitch if we win the East next year too? I'm not saying he's a good recruiter. I have no idea. I think he threw a staff together too quick, but he needed to take our 100+ ranked class that Muschamp left us and tried to get some guys. We have replaced two of the original coaches, and ended up with monster upgrades. It's about making progress, and Mac is doing that. We actually have a pretty full roster for the first time in forever. We are actually expecting decent OL play. We seem to have a game manager QB and a stable of RB's. We have fresh young talent at WR and TE. We are going to have an offense that can actually threaten someone. Probably a top 50 or close to it. We are making progress. Real progress, not Muschamp progress.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
I'll judge the recruiting classes in a few years. Meyer has great classes on NSD, but half of them never showed up to campus, which started this whole fiasco. The only place that I can really fault Mac is at DT. Should we have gotten another OL? Possibly, but one year with 3 after loading up isn't bad. What about LB? I think we should have gotten a big name, but if these guys pan out, who cares the numbers are much better. Secondary, we have numbers and we'll see if any pan out, plus we have a quality coach there now, so it should be fixed. So really outside of DT, I don't see an issue yet. If these coaches can coach guys up and win games, I don't give a ****.

We won the SEC East with ****. Are we going to ***** if we win the East next year too? I'm not saying he's a good recruiter. I have no idea. I think he threw a staff together too quick, but he needed to take our 100+ ranked class that Muschamp left us and tried to get some guys. We have replaced two of the original coaches, and ended up with monster upgrades. It's about making progress, and Mac is doing that. We actually have a pretty full roster for the first time in forever. We are actually expecting decent OL play. We seem to have a game manager QB and a stable of RB's. We have fresh young talent at WR and TE. We are going to have an offense that can actually threaten someone. Probably a top 50 or close to it. We are making progress. Real progress, not Muschamp progress.

Nice post.

You are right a top rated class doesn't mean sh*t if the players do not amount to sh*t...

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Everybody wasn't piling on Dunce like this heading into year two after a meager first season due to the dumpster fire Urban left. Fact is, Duncechump didn't leave things in such great standing as those who still defend him believe he did.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2009 ranked 11th (13-1 record loss to Bama)
https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2010 ranked 2nd (8-5 record)
https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2011 ranked 12th(7-6 record)
https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2012 ranked 3rd(11-2 record)
https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2013 ranked 4th (4-8 record)
https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2014 ranked 8th (7-5 record)

we have had top 5 classes in the past and still haven't amounted to sh*t on the field...but hey rankings are everything right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator