Recruits

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
When I observe children many do not focus on what they have but what others have. Did they get their fair share? Did they get something as good as their sibling etc. I remember when recruiting was all about the guys we got, their background,size speed character. We embraced them cause they were now gators and WANTED to be gators. Now that and science and the interweb took over it is a :alone: if we did not get the exact # of 5 or 4 star players. Fckn woe is us cause Johnny 17 year old went to 'they suck" U. Words of wisdom. FSU Bobby built that program on red chippers (2 and 3 stars) back in the day. I have seen MANY great UF classes turn out poorly for a myriad of reasons. I have seen walkons become AAs and go to the NFL. Why? Because lots of kids mature late. Many just need good coaching. Many never mature and that 5 star meant nothing. IF you want to crap your boxers :ohnoez: over a bunch of teen agers that for many have no clue be my guest, I am gonna embrace the ones that want to be gators. Like I wrote somewhere else. I dont want a kid that thinks fsucks and those colors and that legacy is attractive. I want kids that WANT to wear orange and blue.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure threads like this are allowed around here...
:suspect2:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The Carolina Panthers have 17 four & five star players on their starting rotation. The Broncos have 11.

Just sayin.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Saw this interesting snippet on the book of faces today. No need to verify the accuracy since I read it on the interwebs. So at least we've got a shot.

"10 of the last 11 National Champs(Auburn and Cam is the lone exception) have had at least 2 top 10 recruiting classes in the 4 years prior to their title. So based on that trend, next year's winner will come from these schools.

4 top ten classes: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Auburn, and LSU

3 top ten classes: Georgia

2 top ten classes: Tennessee, Michigan, Texas A&M, USC, Florida, Clemson, Ole Miss, Notre Dame"

If this is even remotely true then the OP's post is pure bull**** and pumpers propaganda. Yeah, who wants 4/5 star kids. We want participation trophy kids that like the colors of our jerseys. YAY!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If this is even remotely true then the OP's post is pure bull**** and pumpers propaganda. Yeah, who wants 4/5 star kids. We want participation trophy kids that like the colors of our jerseys. YAY!

I agree. The OP is all sunshine and excuses. We got our asses kicked on the recruiting trail this year, bottom line. Any coach who comes to UF can land a top 20 class. McElwain has some work to do if he wants to join the elite. Until then we'll be a 4-loss type team year in and year out. No shame in that, it's just not elite....and I thought that was the goal at UF.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Yet again you misinterpret the meaning of this thread and his post. I believe the OP meant that we shouldn't get so worked up where a kid goes to play college football and that we should embrace those that do come and play for the orange & blue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yet again you misinterpret the meaning of this thread and his post. I believe the OP meant that we shouldn't get so worked up where a kid goes to play college football and that we should embrace those that do come and play for the orange & blue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol. Exactly my point no matter how you twist it. If we had the number one class would have he even posted it? No.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While obviously you would take as many blue chips as you can get. We've seen plenty of the five star guys like Gary Brown, Berlin, Tre Orr, Patchan, Debose,
not live up to the hype. Even on the current roster we have guys that weren't as highly regarded like Jarrad Davis (3*) become big players for us, and a guy
like N Washington (4 star) in the same recruiting class give us average play at best. A good piece of advice would be to watch the play on the field in league
play before getting overly excited or bummed out about a particular player/prospect.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Lol. Exactly my point no matter how you twist it. If we had the number one class would have he even posted it? No.
If we had the "#1" class as the experts would say I would be pretty happy but you can bet I will not denigrate a fckn gator player before they even suit up (and wont even when they do). Cry in your koolaid. Whine cause DannyFB player went to dufuss U.These new players are NOW on MY team are signed up and I support them. TR, I have read your posts awhile now and agree with you sometimes. You see the glass empty and I see new gator players, Sometimes they pan out and sometimes they fall on the their inflated accolades. I have seen the 5 stars come in and feel entitled and just see college as a stop off to the big $$$$. The lesser stars have something to prove and can give you more. Like someone said, the proof is down the road. You can either look back with regrets or forward with the new guys.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Hey we b!tched when we were only getting enough defensive recruits and not enough offensive ones.....now we bith when we got a lot of good offensive recruits but not as many on defense:lol2:

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
So the teams that win titles on a consistent basis, their recruiting classes were usually ranked where on a consistent basis? Please someone remind me

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If we had the "#1" class as the experts would say I would be pretty happy but you can bet I will not denigrate a fckn gator player before they even suit up (and wont even when they do). Cry in your koolaid. Whine cause DannyFB player went to dufuss U.These new players are NOW on MY team are signed up and I support them. TR, I have read your posts awhile now and agree with you sometimes. You see the glass empty and I see new gator players, Sometimes they pan out and sometimes they fall on the their inflated accolades. I have seen the 5 stars come in and feel entitled and just see college as a stop off to the big $$$$. The lesser stars have something to prove and can give you more. Like someone said, the proof is down the road. You can either look back with regrets or forward with the new guys.

BINGO! My point exactly. You wouldn't have started a feel great about the kids that want to play. Who cares about stars when we have kids that want to play for us - thread. It is incomprehensible to try to argue that our class is exactly what we wanted. It is stupid to say that we are going for "fits" instead of talent. It might be the dumbest pumper rationalization to date.

People may call me a broken record but you pumpers are the exact same too. Always trying to radiate this air of everything is perfectly fine even when it isn't. That's the problem. You pumpers take it to the extreme that you can't(or refuse to) realize a bad situation until it is way too late a la Muschamp.

Like it or not, Mac has the worst 2nd recruiting class in recent memory. He was supposed to clean up. That's all I heard from the pumpers. Wait till signing day. You are crying about nothing. Blah blah blah. I will bet you anything that this class ends up top 5. Blah blah blah. 14th. Thud.

How about some actually critique from pumper land saying that Mac needs to get his **** together instead of making every excuse in the world for him or telling us that we don't worry about the other schools...just us and we're fine. This class was a big deal no matter how you want to spin it. It was going to tell me a lot about Mac's future. Right now? It's in doubt. Richt is a strong recruiter. Jimbo OWNS the state right now. If Mac can't do better than third fiddle then why are we paying him?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think I know what the T in T-Rex stands for. Must be "twat" because his panties are always in a bunch but his arms are too short to untwist them and pull'em out.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I wonder how many of the misses were from Callahan's recruiting region?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
BINGO! My point exactly. You wouldn't have started a feel great about the kids that want to play. Who cares about stars when we have kids that want to play for us - thread. It is incomprehensible to try to argue that our class is exactly what we wanted. It is stupid to say that we are going for "fits" instead of talent. It might be the dumbest pumper rationalization to date.

People may call me a broken record but you pumpers are the exact same too. Always trying to radiate this air of everything is perfectly fine even when it isn't. That's the problem. You pumpers take it to the extreme that you can't(or refuse to) realize a bad situation until it is way too late a la Muschamp.

Like it or not, Mac has the worst 2nd recruiting class in recent memory. He was supposed to clean up. That's all I heard from the pumpers. Wait till signing day. You are crying about nothing. Blah blah blah. I will bet you anything that this class ends up top 5. Blah blah blah. 14th. Thud.

How about some actually critique from pumper land saying that Mac needs to get his **** together instead of making every excuse in the world for him or telling us that we don't worry about the other schools...just us and we're fine. This class was a big deal no matter how you want to spin it. It was going to tell me a lot about Mac's future. Right now? It's in doubt. Richt is a strong recruiter. Jimbo OWNS the state right now. If Mac can't do better than third fiddle then why are we paying him?
I want what I want and I WANT IT NOW...........Rome wasnt built in a day but BY GOD Mac should build UF back to glory days in less than a year or two...........
fba0dad67d96ccbf054b9d920e25ae6ffaf70b15_large.jpg

Here you go......end your misery now.......

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The difference is TR is you want to see what you want RIGHT now. I see down the road and what can be. The guy won games this year with an OFFENSIVE offensive line........a QB that struggles mightily and injuries all day long. Played the cards he was dealt. Now he has to fckn immediately fix it all..........................be serious........

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You said the same **** about Muschamp and you would say it about anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator