Red Wings vs Lightning Official Series Thread

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Air they still airing the hockey games on the Home Shopping Network between infomercials?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Had an opportunity to go tonight but the wife wanted to wait and go together with a group of friends...definitely missed a good one :sadnanner:

Good news is I got to go see Tebow speak, so I can't complain.

Btw- that last fight should only make this series even more interesting!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just curious, any ya'll tried to ice-skate vigorously ? I have & "lord-by-God" I'd be on injured preserved.

Actually, there's got to be some funny stories in ice-skating novicity (that's near Spatulacity).

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Abdelkader did not get suspended. I expect someone will take a run at him.

Bloodbath tonight. It will be epic hockey.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty lopsided officiating tonight, however our boys aren't looking too hot regardless

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
When I say "pretty lopsided," I mean really lopsided. This is brutal.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not a big advocate of blaming refs. I just like games to be called even. I thought it was a poorly officiated game. The Bolts need to skate better.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Tampa still in control. I like their chances. Not so for the Panthers. Brutal loss last night.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Loved my Red Wings last night... wasn't bad officiating, Red Wings just finally locked down. As for Abdelkater not getting suspended, he started that a$$ whooping from the bottom of that pile, good on him. That said, I still give the Bolts the edge in the series... after all, they'd be nothing without a great Red Wing as GM! ;) Lot's of ties between the two owners too... it's hard for me to hate Tampa as an organization.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Loved my Red Wings last night... wasn't bad officiating, Red Wings just finally locked down. As for Abdelkater not getting suspended, he started that a$$ whooping from the bottom of that pile, good on him. That said, I still give the Bolts the edge in the series... after all, they'd be nothing without a great Red Wing as GM! ;) Lot's of ties between the two owners too... it's hard for me to hate Tampa as an organization.

How about that pu$$y move by Abdelkader last night. He taped his gloves so he couldn't fight. It was considered pretty wimpy outside of Detroit. Boyle would've killed him. That slash to the back of Garrison's legs was cheap as hell. The Wings are a dirty team and they woke a sleeping giant. I expect the Bolts to come out and bull rush the outmanned(even without Stammer and Strahlman) wings.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
How about that pu$$y move by Abdelkader last night. He taped his gloves so he couldn't fight. It was considered pretty wimpy outside of Detroit. Boyle would've killed him. That slash to the back of Garrison's legs was cheap as hell. The Wings are a dirty team and they woke a sleeping giant. I expect the Bolts to come out and bull rush the outmanned(even without Stammer and Strahlman) wings.

No, his HAND was taped and while they were dicking around, he actually asked the ref, "Will I get a misconduct if I drop my gloves and my hand is taped?" Answer, yes. He already has one game misconduct.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No, his HAND was taped and while they were dicking around, he actually asked the ref, "Will I get a misconduct if I drop my gloves and my hand is taped?" Answer, yes. He already has one game misconduct.

It was done on purpose and you know it. He has one coming. Take it like a man.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It was done on purpose and you know it. He has one coming. Take it like a man.
So, he had a hand taped for the entire game just in case he might have to fight but didn't want to fight? You ever play hockey?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So, he had a hand taped for the entire game just in case he might have to fight but didn't want to fight? You ever play hockey?

Funny stuff...an old time hockey player called into 620 on my way home from work. Said that he shouldn't have been on the ice to begin with at the end unless he was ready to fight. Dude said he had zero skin in the series and called the Wings dirty. He said it was an absolute pu$$y move by Abdelkader and his coach.

Sorry pal, but your team is trending down and they are cheap shot artists with Abbycakes as the worst. I hope we take his head off tomorrow. The Ref Wings will get all the calls again but we will overcome that as usual.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funny stuff...an old time hockey player called into 620 on my way home from work. Said that he shouldn't have been on the ice to begin with at the end unless he was ready to fight. Dude said he had zero skin in the series and called the Wings dirty. He said it was an absolute pu$$y move by Abdelkader and his coach.

Sorry pal, but your team is trending down and they are cheap shot artists with Abbycakes as the worst. I hope we take his head off tomorrow. The Ref Wings will get all the calls again but we will overcome that as usual.
The Wings have been going down for 15 years... they've had no real toughness in that long of a time, it's all been finese and puck handling and I hate it. I'd kill to back to a time of Shanahan, Konstantinov, McCarty and Lapointe... let alone to the time of Probert and Kocur... I will agree with you on all of that, but for now, I'll take the 2-0 win and crying Lightning fans! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator