Red Wings vs Lightning Official Series Thread

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So you guys don't post when UF games are on because you are "too busy watching the game"? Cmon now lol

There are like 5 Lightning fans on this board

I don't... but then again, I have the same argument at concerts. Monday night I was at a concert, and when the lights were turned down you could see all the douches on their phones, instead of enjoying the show. When did we as a society forget how to enjoy something without our phone?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't... but then again, I have the same argument at concerts. Monday night I was at a concert, and when the lights were turned down you could see all the douches on their phones, instead of enjoying the show. When did we as a society forget how to enjoy something without our phone?

...errr Dug, they use their phones on flashlight like candles -- you didn't notice the phones were swaying ?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
...errr Dug, they use their phones on flashlight like candles -- you didn't notice the phones were swaying ?

That would make sense if the band was playing... the woman in front of my wife and I was either recording the show or texting... People have to tweet, facebook, record the show instead of experience it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Can someone explain to me how #6 and the #8 teams in the conference get matched up in the first round?
It's...........a little complicated.

So there are two divisions in each conference. A conference gets eight playoff teams. The top three teams in each division automatically make the playoffs, so there's the first six teams. The next two teams with the best records are the wild cards. Division winners play the wild cards. The division winner with the better record plays the wild card team with the lesser record, and vice versa. Then the #2 and #3 teams in each division play each other in the first round, and they are placed in the same part of the bracket as their division winner. So Tampa Bay and Detroit are in Florida's bracket, and Pittsburgh and New York are in Washington's bracket.

It kinda sucks since Washington could end up having to play the #2 team in the conference in the 2nd round, while Florida could conceivably end up playing the #8 team in the conference in the 2nd round.

Did all that make sense? :lol:

Here's a link that could help explain better than I did. https://www.nhl.com/news/stanley-cup-playoffs-format-qualification-system/c-711015

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You went to Pearl Jam?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Right on! SQ and I went, great show. :fistbump:

Fantastic show...
conan-up-high.gif

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

I hear what you are saying to an extent. I do agree things have gotten bad, but in this case, I like conversing with others and enjoying the game at the same time. Multi tasking is possible :dance:.

Fact remains that there aren't many Lightning (or hockey fans) on this board which I guess should be expected.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great first game of a sure to be chippy series. The Lightning played well through injuries and not having Stamkos. Brief 2 minute lapse gave Detroit a short-lived lead, but the Lightning were just too much for the Wings and deservedly pulled out the win. Need to keep home ice advantage and win game 2. Let's go Lightning! *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I wish more people liked hockey. Playoff hockey is especially exciting.

It's gonna be tough without Stammers and Stralman, but hopefully some of the younger guys like Palat, Kucherov, Johnson can really step up.

Go Bolts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.