Reddit and GameStop

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Nerdy side note: the type of boiling where you see little bubbles forming off the bottom of the pot is called "nucleate boiling". The surface temp of the pot is above the saturation temperature of the water. Maximum heat transfer is happening at a super efficient rate and the temperate of the water is increasing at its fastest rate possible.
Additional nerdy side note: my example comes from watching water boil for sweet tea on my arrogant **** induction cooktop. ;)

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
FWIW - I'm not, but two people I follow closely are now all cash except for their crypto and precious metals. Both feel like something very weird is going on. Both still see nothing but up going forward, but they don't like what's happening right now AT ALL.

PS In case Mr. La Paz, is reading, "all cash" is in reference to market holdings, not 100% of their assets.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Both feel like something very weird is going on. Both still see nothing but up going forward, but they don't like what's happening right now AT ALL.
I wouldn't call watching the DOW over the last 3 hours weird....but yes I just sold everything except miners&physical stocks and one MF...frees up more for those little packages that keep showing up more frequently at the casa...

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
FWIW - I'm not, but two people I follow closely are now all cash except for their crypto and precious metals. Both feel like something very weird is going on. Both still see nothing but up going forward, but they don't like what's happening right now AT ALL.

PS In case Mr. La Paz, is reading, "all cash" is in reference to market holdings, not 100% of their assets.
That's why I use risk-defined entry points and trailing stops along with more or less equal-risk position sizing. I don't get in at rock-bottom and I don't get out at the absolute top. Hopefully, I catch enough of the fat middle to make a few bucks and my more speculative stocks don't burn me too badly.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Owner of WeBull is saying they stopped new purchases of these stocks because the clearing house expense was too high and it usually takes 2 days for these normal retail transactions to clear. Thoughts?

Webull CEO explains why trading was restricted amid the GameStop market mania
That was in post #123...

came here to post the same comment from Reddit. It lines up with the ceo of Webull (brokerage firm) confirming they were trying to avoid Lehman all over again

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody is going to jail.

Not so sure about that with the news coming out that they have been selling trader data and trends to the headgefunds! Again, the wise old saying if something is free, you are the commodity that they are selling.

Thats why Im glad Ox makes people donate here, otherwise who knows what shenanigans he'd be up to.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Thats why Im glad Ox makes people donate here, otherwise who knows what shenanigans he'd be up to.
Are Oxbucks flooding the market, making Hedge Fund Billionaires squirm?
What role are Oxbuck$ playing in the GameStop beat down of Melvin?
How can I convert my Oxbuck$ to GME Stonks?
I worry we are colluding. SEC to investigate soon.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Are Oxbucks flooding the market, making Hedge Fund Billionaires squirm?
What role are Oxbuck$ playing in the GameStop beat down of Melvin?
How can I convert my Oxbuck$ to GME Stonks?
I worry we are colluding. SEC to investigate soon.
If the end result of all this is a de-valuing of my Oxbucks, I’m gonna be pissed.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If the end result of all this is a de-valuing of my Oxbucks, I’m gonna be pissed.

With enough effort, we might be able to get a real value behind them. That is EXACTLY how dogecoin started in reddit and Twitter. It was just a “like”. Now, people think it’s worth 4 cents each. We need @oxrageous to stop issuing them so no more will be generated. Then let the good times roll. In a few years, we might be able to buy a cup of coffee with them.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

How long do customers stay with a platform like this when they can only purchase 1 share of GM? Not exactly a very volatile stock. Something smells at Robinhood especially after raising $1 Billion.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
With enough effort, we might be able to get a real value behind them. That is EXACTLY how dogecoin started in reddit and Twitter. It was just a “like”. Now, people think it’s worth 4 cents each. We need @oxrageous to stop issuing them so no more will be generated. Then let the good times roll. In a few years, we might be able to buy a cup of coffee with them.
Hmmmm.....at $.04 per Oxbuck, my account would be worth over $475! Not too shabby. Maybe you’re onto something.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How long do customers stay with a platform like this when they can only purchase 1 share of GM? Not exactly a very volatile stock. Something smells at Robinhood especially after raising $1 Billion.

Bluechips of GM and Starbucks are what caught my eye too. What does that mean.... you can buy 1 share?
0C4F8CC0-8ACD-4E81-AECB-E0C0D98476C7.png

They got some serious problems.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What's the purpose of using an app like Robinhood or Webull? I'm a novice at all this stuff so watching this week has been fascinating to me, to say the least. However, I do have a Fidelity account and can buy and sell whenever I want. Why the 3rd party app? And why hadn't anyone spoke of WSB on here before? I don't reddit but I would have loved to get in on this action a couple weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.