Redshirt Freshman S Kylan Johnson moved to LB

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Derrick Brooks made the move as a freshmen at a lighter weight. Obviously he was heralded recruit and this is a best case scenario, but there is hope.

"While Brooks helped redefine the weakside linebacker position in the NFL, he began his college career as a third-string strong safety. The Seminoles used that transition model with several players, and Brooks, just 190 pounds as a freshman, needed to grow."
"Midway through his freshman year, Brooks was moved to linebacker full time."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/foot...ooks-grew-from-a-kid-into-a-young-man/2190389

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LB is a lot better numbers wise, I think we'll have 9 scholarship LBs in the fall. Talent and experience will be thin though, unless some kids impress.

3 of those 9 are true freshmen, 2 more are redshirt freshmen, one of those guys came here as a walk-on, and two others have been completely unreliable due to injuries. As of right now, Davis is the only reliable LB. Behind him are injury prone guys, freshmen, and a bunch of walk-ons. Even if these freshmen are really good (and we don't know if they are), it's still bad to have to rely on a bunch of underclassmen at the position for the next 2-3 years.

I didn't say this earlier, but I'm really glad Kylan Johnson has changed to LB. We'll need all the help we can get there.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
You got that right, and how the hell do you practice as a LB w/o contact?

Maybe it forces the issue - Anzalone can hold up and perform, or he can't and washes out opening another roster spot for the class of '17.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Derrick Brooks made the move as a freshmen at a lighter weight. Obviously he was heralded recruit and this is a best case scenario, but there is hope.

"While Brooks helped redefine the weakside linebacker position in the NFL, he began his college career as a third-string strong safety. The Seminoles used that transition model with several players, and Brooks, just 190 pounds as a freshman, needed to grow."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/foot...ooks-grew-from-a-kid-into-a-young-man/2190389

I have to bring this up again.
UF recruited Brooks very hard but told him he was a linebacker not a safety. Of course, the liars told him he would be an all American safety so Derrick Einstein Brooks signed with FSU.
Tell them whatever they want to hear.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You got that right, and how the hell do you practice as a LB w/o contact?
Most of practice for LBs is about making the correct reads, going to the right places, and filling the correct hole.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If that is the case our O-Line would be awesome..... He can take up three positions and give us the ability to put Fulwood and Harris on the field at the same time!!! How awesome would that be.
Unfortunately the rules require that you have 5 linemen on the field who are not eligible receivers.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

**** Brooks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like we need a fvkk all noles post, ala your famous fvkk uga post, preferably in the NoleJay loves Kanell thread.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
This will be a good move for him because this dude is physical. Once he gets 235-240 (i believe he's up to 228 now) he'll be able to hold his own inside.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This will be a good move for him because this dude is physical. Once he gets 235-240 (i believe he's up to 228 now) he'll be able to hold his own inside.

I would think, being a former DB, he'd be better playing OLB vs. ILB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator