Remember when we blamed the fans?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For the empty and quiet Swamp? Some said it wasn't about the **** soup coach we kept for waaay too long and the way he made our kids play? It was about wifi, lazy kids, hdtv and ac?

How bout that rockin' Swamp?

A kid from Montana said this is cool.

Attachments

• conv_4776.jpg
    conv_4776.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 50

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
The students didn't show up for the TN game. What did the student section look like last night? Anyone?

Dec 10, 2014
Law98gator;n290738 said:
Some said it wasn't about the **** soup coach we kept for waaay too long

You just can't help yourself can you? :facepalm:

Move on and just enjoy the win, the new coach, and leave chimp where he belongs. The past

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n290739 said:
The students didn't show up for the TN game. What did the student section look like last night? Anyone?
Just from the higher shots they showed they were really late to show up again...looked like about mid to late 1st quarter it was finally filled in but never looked completely full...maybe a few empty seats towards the top. Sqautch and Queenie could probably tell you best as they have a pretty good view of it. I will say though that that sounded like the loudest i've heard the stadium on tv in a long long long time...that place was rocking.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not a good picture, but here is the student section long after there was any doubt as to who would win. The ole piss fans who traveled were already back in their hotels.

Attachments

• conv_4762.jpg
    conv_4762.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 50

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Bernardo de la Paz;n290750 said:
Not a good picture, but here is the student section long after there was any doubt as to who would win. The ole piss fans who traveled were already back in their hotels.

Facts, they are unwelcome here...

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From my vantage point the only seats that were never fully packed were the sunshine seats.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The question now is why couldn't Muschamp do this with this same players??

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My ears are still ringing. The Swamp was alive last night. The sustained noise from the first kick to the final whistle was outstanding. The students took their time finding their seats, but it filled in really well. Couple empty seats in the very top of the student section.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
The very top seats always look empty in big games because students always move down and cram additional people into lower rows. I used to do this all the time when the weekly lottery gave me horrible seats. Besides, the Swamp was rockin - the legally deaf were complaining from all the noise last night.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder how much of the student section issue is the students or the policy. Used to be back in the day you could drive over to Gainesville and pick up a student ticket cheap. Think you need to have a student ID to accompany a student ticket nowadays. Sat in the student section MANY times back in the day.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;290748 said:
Just from the higher shots they showed they were really late to show up again...looked like about mid to late 1st quarter it was finally filled in but never looked completely full...maybe a few empty seats towards the top. Sqautch and Queenie could probably tell you best as they have a pretty good view of it. I will say though that that sounded like the loudest i've heard the stadium on tv in a long long long time...that place was rocking.

I don't think the Captain and Queenie were able to make it.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Law98gator;n290738 said:
About the empty and quiet Swamp? Some said it wasn't about the **** soup coach we kept for waaay too long and the way he made our kids play? It was about wifi, lazy kids, hdtv and ac?

Like Red Skelton said at the funeral of a MUCH hated movie director (attended by thousands) "WHen you give the people what they want, they show up"

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
I was 30 rows up southwest ten Yardline section 4. The usual 50 Yardline gap was at the top on the student side till about 10:00 left in the 1st quarter, maybe till 7:00. Even the top of the north side was pretty packed in.

7071ae7914879fa028db89bcaeb548d3.jpg

This was the red pompom people just before the last TD to make it 38-3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Law98gator;n290738 said:
About the empty and quiet Swamp? Some said it wasn't about the **** soup coach we kept for waaay too long and the way he made our kids play? It was about wifi, lazy kids, hdtv and ac?

Looks like we kept him just long enough. It's good to be the guy who follows the guy who follow the guy at UF.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think the student section started filling in after the first td and it looked like it could be a game...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A top 5 opponent and the stands were filled, not really surprising. Now when FAU arrives and we still have full stands, then we can say there has been a change. Much like Ferg and his love of Freeze, there is not enough data to say there has been a change in people showing up.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sunshine Seats still weren't full, top of student section eventually filled in. Lots of people still left early when the game was in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator