Replacement candidates for Billy?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is the most idiotic thread yet. Even the list of "proven" coaches is a waste, might as well put Saban on there. Geez, some folks are still drinking.

The more appropriate thread should be replacement AD candidates.

We can with the four AD candidates that said no before Scottie because of the meddling of Foley.

Fire Foley and Scottie and we can get nearly anyone we want.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody’s getting fired this year. Unless he never wins another game this year.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Bring in the Prime!
Austin Powers No GIF

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Jake Dickert and Johnathan Smith will end up elsewhere quickly after the PAC 12 dissolves. Just an observation, not saying either belong at UF.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'd take him over Karl at this point.....not kidding....
I would Tre Lamb too, even as OC, which isn’t that far fetched an idea considering the intertwining of the Napier and Lamb families in Georgia high school football, Furman, etc.

Tre will get a chance soon somewhere and get paid for it, just like Chris Holtmann did in hoops. He’s young as well and is just getting started.

But back to topic, until UF gets out of the mindset of settling for a HC, nothing changes. That’s why Sasse has got to start with Stricklin and Foley and clean house.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Brian Johnson or Joe Brady

I personally think it’s best to have an offensive minded head coach with a philosophy and system, where the coordinator is simply making the calls during game day. Otherwise, you end up constantly trying different offensive systems like we did under Muschamp. Someone like Elko, despite doing well at Duke so far, would not be ideal here. And you see how that mindset infects the game with his punt decision last night.

Both of those names would be exciting picks. Risky on both accounts, but we obviously have no problem writing checks on bad investments. What’s another 20-30 million, right? I’d be in.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We can with the four AD candidates that said no before Scottie because of the meddling of Foley.

Fire Foley and Scottie and we can get nearly anyone we want.
I am shocked they even had 4 other candidates who met the criteria that Fooley laid out. I remember that windbag talking about the list of criteria the new AD had to have. I am surprised they found one. Every time I saw that smug POS when I lived up there I just wish I could have vomitted all over him. He is to this day the biggest dypshyt and single handedly destroyed the pillar.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Urban should be the 1st call

Deboar and/or Lanning should be the 2nd.

Then I'm at Brian Hartline or Brian Johnson

Then Jeff lebby

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
It's way too early to be talking like this. We need to let him get past the harsh schedules of this year and next year and let him get his upcoming recruiting classes on campus and in the games. And God willing, things would (will?) be markedly improved with the hiring of competent and experienced special teams and offensive coordinators.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The detail oriented Billy has had any number of players on the field during every game.

This is as basic as teaching an immigrant about the game of football. "You see Sven, American football is a game with 11 players on each team" Thats literally the first thing you say before you get into the type of ball, the layout of the field, the way scores are achieved.

And somehow, he'll get better with more time? Every week this happens. I'm surprised we don't have guys on the field in white tee-shirts with numbers written in blue marker. Embarrassing.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
It's way too early to be talking like this. We need to let him get past the harsh schedules of this year and next year and let him get his upcoming recruiting classes on campus and in the games. And God willing, things would (will?) be markedly improved with the hiring of competent and experienced special teams and offensive coordinators.
Let me get this straight...not only do you think it premature to banter about names that might excite fans to replace this goober, but you think he should be given this year AND next year regardless of outcomes and only then, after three losing seasons where the team looks inept on GameDay against even lesser talented teams, we let him coach a fourth season to see how he does?

That is some seriously delusional patience and :nutswinger:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.