REPORT: A new hire has already been made

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
The fact that he's going to be CO-offensive coordinator indicates Nuss is on a short rope.

No established coordinator worth his salt would allow a title sharing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that he's going to be CO-offensive coordinator indicates Nuss is on a short rope.

No established coordinator worth his salt would allow a title sharing.
Nusschamp needs to pray to whatever God of Two Yards and a Cloud of Dust 115th Ranked Football he worships and thank him that our new AD has a vagina and didn't take this out of the hands of Hee Haw.

Also, one more hot redhead for your viewing pleasure.
[GIPHY="red dog"]https://media1.giphy.com/media/vAd4fOZTTuBTW/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Wooooo! If true, it's amazing simply in the fact that Nuss is being pushed out the door.

Maybe Mac will make it after all :scratchchin:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully it means Locksley sits in the booth and calls the plays and Nuss holds the clipboard for a 1AA team.
FIFY.

He was a G@# D#@#@% awful hire from the beginning, but pumpers here said it wouldn't matter bc Butters was the real OC.

If we have to hire a real OC to fix McNusselchamp's offense, why the f%@* do we pay Butters and Nusschamp?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Love the Locksley/Bagman hire.

I doubt he calls plays while Nuss is here. If Nuss is fired after year three then Mac should be fired as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Locks gives us a competent interim also. If there isn't a homerun hire, I'd continue with Locks as interim rather than hiring another 21-16 pos.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
:lol:

There will be no pleasing some of you no matter who we hire, lesbihonest (to steal Law's saying).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Locks gives us a competent interim also. If there isn't a homerun hire, I'd continue with Locks as interim rather than hiring another 21-16 pos.
I think the coaching pool might be a little better this time around. But I agree with you about locks taking over as interim in November.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Most of the time the co-coordinator and assistant head coach titles don't actually mean anything. It's simply a way of getting around a buyout. Most assistant coaches and even analysts have a buyout if they leave before their contract ends. However, the contract usually stipulates that the buyout is waived if the coach leaves for a higher ranking job.

Oklahoma State and Texas are actually in a lawsuit over this very thing right now. Oklahoma State is asserting that if he isn't calling plays then he isn't actually a coordinator in any sense of the word.

Shannon has the co-coordinator title because that way he didn't have to pay Arkansas a buyout. He was a linebackers coach at Arkansas. At Florida he is the linebackers coach and the "co-coordinator". It's all smoke and mirrors. In reality, Collins was the defensive coordinator and Shannon was the linebackers coach.

If our new coach is given a co-coordinator title it will most likely just be due to the buyout. I seriously doubt we would have two guys trying to run the same show. Too many cooks.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nusschamp needs to pray to whatever God of Two Yards and a Cloud of Dust 115th Ranked Football he worships and thank him that our new AD has a vagina and didn't take this out of the hands of Hee Haw.
[GIPHY="faye reagan"]https://media1.giphy.com/media/11EGftT7x9FQME/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator