Report: DA declines to prosecute Alabama players Cam Robinson, Hootie Jones

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
giphy.gif

Next time I'm in Louisiana I'm getting a can of sweat spray to protect myself.

Last edited:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Being an athlete sure pays off...first you get a light sentence for rape, now this!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
DA's statement seems to be chastising the public for not having done football training. ??
.... chastising the law abiding public ?? This is one of the markers of a civilization in decline:
erase the clarity-lines of the law.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
The DA had his reasons...

ClaWIYoVYAEw2Ew.jpg:large

Is this some type of joke? Maybe someone photoshopped it?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Everyone knows politicians can be bought and this is a prime example....nothing else could explain this crap!

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I wonder if two non-athletes arrested under identical circumstances would be accorded such courtesies as these two got. Look closely, guys. This is the face of college football. Get used to it.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The DA had his reasons...

ClaWIYoVYAEw2Ew.jpg:large
Working and sweating while standing on the corner selling dope, probably. Played a little football in their spare time. Both of them look like gangsters as they say, "one picture is worth a 1000 words." These "same" guys appear on The First 48 all the time.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. As long as this DA is on the case.
No, it doesn't mean that. It should mean that since the law should be equally applied to all But it isn't, as I'm sure any number of people in Bama and Louisiana fined, on probation, or serving time for the same thing can tell you.. What it actually means is as long as the accused are prized Bama athletes there will be no charge.

I haven't read the article. I sort of maxed out on Tallahassee and state of Florida justice articles.
Sounds like the DA is in Alabama from what is posted. The arrests were made in Louisiana and I thought they were breaking some Louisiana laws regarding pot and guns. .
How come the Louisiana DA is not charging them for laws they broke there? What's his excuse? $

Last edited:

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Just bc the Bama DA leads a cloistered life in iar conditioned leisure in the humid South, doesn't mean the other 99% of us do. You'd think no one else broke a sweat. Is he devaluing the difficulty and worth of inside work? Has he never mowed a yard or walked to his car outdoors? Does he intend to give the same break to the roofers, yard service workers, highway workers, migrant laborers, farmers that commit offenses? Lame excuse, but like in any well oiled well established corrupt system, it doesn't really have to be a good one.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Ok first I didn't read all the comments, but when I saw this on the ESPN Ticker the other night I was outraged. I even went to the social media platforms to see if everyone was as mad as me. My reasoning is that when the Stanford Swimmer got off light for committing a felony (yes rape is a lot worse than what these two A-holes were doing) there were death threats to the judge and everything else, but I guess when you play football at Alabama the law is just a suggestion.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely enough evidence to at least go to a jury. Whether a jury convicts or not is a separate matter. I'm stunned (not really) that the charges were dropped.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So Bama football players are getting special treatment?

rws.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.